Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Donniewyer said:

Big changes?

What planet are you on? The only possible change might be with Garde resigning!

Lerner will only spend money on players via player sales, like he has done for the last 2 years.

There will be changes in the summer, Guzan, Hutton, Richardson, Richards, Lescott, Sanchez, Nzogbia, Agbonlahor, Kozak will leave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

probably best to see what happens in the summer first before making statements like this.

there will be big changes in the summer

Based on what? I'm under the impression Lerner thinks we'll sleep walk back into the Prem or just doesn't give a shit, probably both. 

Maybe I'm just mad at the owner for putting us in this position.  But it's spreading to where I'm annoyed at posters, too.

We have been rightly angry for months at players who drop their heads and give up after a foolish error concedes an early goal.  Some on here are IMO opinion rightly saying that the board has now done the same thing.  It has given up.  With this commitment from the board who can blame the players for just coasting and drawing their paychecks for this year (a la Zog).  He did for years, the players have done in too many games, and the board is now doing the same outrageous behavior that assures ongoing failures.  We just give up.  

But frankly, those who say we should have bought, or should still buy, championship level players to get ready for next year, are committing the same error.  You too are just giving up. I complain when the players do it.  I complain when the board does it.  I disagree with giving up (even if you label it "realism").  It's the path to ensuring ongoing failure.  We should have gotten and still should get the best forward we can find.  Not that my opinion will change what happens or what anyone thinks.

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

Based on what? I'm under the impression Lerner thinks we'll sleep walk back into the Prem or just doesn't give a shit, probably both. 

Wait and see what happens in the summer. Lerner will not want to be out of the Premier league for long

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Maybe I'm just mad at the owner for putting us in this position.  But it's spreading to where I'm annoyed at posters, too.

We have been rightly angry for months at players who drop their heads and give up after a foolish error concedes an early goal.  Some on here are IMO opinion rightly saying that the board has now done the same thing.  It has given up.  With this commitment from the board who can blame the players for just coasting and drawing their paychecks for this year (a la Zog).  He did for years, the players have done in too many games, and the board is now doing the same outrageous behavior that assures ongoing failures.  We just give up.  

But frankly, those who say we should have bought, or should still buy, championship level players to get ready for next year, are committing the same error.  You too are just giving up. I complain when the players do it.  I complain when the board does it.  I disagree with giving up (even if you label it "realism").  It's the path to ensuring ongoing failure.  We should have gotten and still should get the best forward we can find.  Not that my opinion will change what happens or what anyone thinks.

You want some I'll give it ya.

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No amount of protesting or whining will have changed Randy's mind about this window. It's a business decision and a fairly logical one to be honest.

Its not logical though. If Newcastle go down their spending this month will likely mean automatic promotion. 

Randy Lerner has proven he is a poor businessmen so why do you think his decision not to spend is logical? Especially as other Chairman whose clubs sit in the relegation zone, Chairman who have proven to be good businessmen have opted to take a different route. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Maybe it's the optimistic nature of the football fan, but I was laughed at yesterday for suggesting that a long stay in the Championship was on the cards.

Were you? One person was being laughed at who suggested we were going to be 'way worse than Portsmouth', I don't recall anybody laughing at the idea we might be in the Championship for a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its not logical though. If Newcastle go down their spending this month will likely mean automatic promotion. 

Randy Lerner has proven he is a poor businessmen so why do you think his decision not to spend is logical? Especially as other Chairman whose clubs sit in the relegation zone, Chairman who have proven to be good businessmen have opted to take a different route. 

Like QPR?

If Newcastle go down then every one of those players will be up for sale. It's not comparable anyway, Newcastle are in a much stronger position than us. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, KHV said:

No it won't

£10 to villatalk if Newcastle don't win the league next year if they go down. 

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

There will be changes in the summer, Guzan, Hutton, Richardson, Richards, Lescott, Sanchez, Nzogbia, Agbonlahor, Kozak will leave

...because the club did a cracking job of offloading Zog?

Nobody is going to take that contract on, nobody is going to take that contract on, contract expires, nobody is going to take that contract on,nobody is going to take that contract on, nobody is going to take that contract on, contract expires, nobody is going to take that contract on, nobody is even going to take on Kozak's contract...

Newcastles team is far better than QPRs was tbf. When they went down last time their team was nowhere near as good as it is now and they pissed the league that said I can't imagine them keeping Wjinaldum etc but regardless whoever goes down with us will be teams that have strengthened, we are going to struggle to get back I think.

Reality now is the board **** up the summer window which has lead to this situation where we can't get players in for various reasons.

I can see that they don't want to spend too much cash however there seems this idea that going down and coming back up will be easier than fighting to stay in league , it won't 

Going down will cos us money but the way it which we go down will cost them the revenue from fans as well.

A couple of short term loans would've possibly given us a hope of staying up without financially crippling the club. A few million quid over 5 months and a glimmer of hope of staying up with all the millions of the new tv deal.

The half wits running our club appear to not want to take the gamble. It's deplorable beyond belief.

• Like 1

QPR bought a load of over-priced crap. Newcastle are bringing in quality players. Their squad is far stronger than Villa's and if both teams go down this season I know who I'd put my money on to return straight back up and it wouldn't be Villa I'm gutted to say.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Whilst this window has been a new low can we try and get some 'Remi Gardes claret and blue army' chants and general support going at the games. This January, like us he has been stabbed in the back and we could do with showing our support wparticularly to him whilst stating which side we sit. The manager and to some extent players need to know our anger is mainly towards the clowns upstairs and this shambles of a transfer window. Let's not allow the media to lambast us and not allow the board to place the manager or players in the firing line. They've hid for too long.

Banners using the slogan that Newcastle and Charlton use could be good for this.

newcastle-418395.jpg

• Like 3