Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

23 minutes ago, KHV said:

Wait and see what happens in the summer. Lerner will not want to be out of the Premier league for long

Are you defending the owner based on a gut feeling?

Of course he won't want to be out the league long but so what? He didn't want to be relegated and its going to happen. Because when you're shit at something, just wanting something to be better doesn't matter. You have to physically make it happen and this **** idiot has proved he's incapable of having a positive effect on the club.

43 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah, i get what you're saying, but lets say we chucked loads of money at it and still got relegated, the club would be in a terrible position then and everyone would be blaming Lerner for overspending.  I don't think there's much more we could have done this window given our position. I would have liked us to have tried to sign a couple of Championship ready type players, and who knows we may have? Or maybe they are waiting for the summer for that.

I guess from the boards point of view, they don't want to add to the squad too much now so that when we're relegated we don't need to rip up the squad due to overspending in this window. That's a point of view I can appreciate. Lerner put the club at huge risk under MON by completely overspending on wages, doing the same now would be ridiculous. It's not like we didn't try for Remi's targets either, it's just that we couldn't convince them to come, which is a bit different. 

See thats the issue .  I dont think he should chuck money at it to try and stay up.  That ship has sailed.  Hosever he should have invested money to allow signings that could bed in and help us next year

1 minute ago, London Villa said:

Tom Fox & Riley should resign over this joke of a season. 

Last straw for me this.

I honestly can't see why Garde will want to be here next summer. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few people walk away from the club.

As has been said, Lerner clearly won't want to be in the Championship it; It's not good for his investment. Whether he will take the appropriate and necessary action to do anything about it is completely different story.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

As has been said, Lerner clearly won't want to be in the Championship it; It's not good for his investment. Whether he will take the appropriate and necessary action to do anything about it is completely different story.

What Lerner wants and what Lerner achieves are two entirely different things.

This word removed couldn't run a corner shop.

41 minutes ago, KHV said:

Wait and see what happens in the summer. Lerner will not want to be out of the Premier league for long

Lerner still owns a Premier League club and in the position to retain that status but no - hires a young, up and coming manager in Garde and then shuts up shop.

I cannot see anything changing in the summer, except for the search for a new manager as Garde surely will walk after being told he'd be backed this January.

As much as I love this club, part of me wants Lerner to walk out of Villa without earning a penny from it.

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

He won't up his contribution. His family won't allow that I don't think. As far as they are concerned, the club was a bad investment and it is all about limiting any damage. The club will be further strangled.

Edited by Didiersix

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

You could have said the same about Villas premiership status and he didnt do anything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Richard said:

When was the last time that Aston Villa did not acquire a new player of any description during a transfer window?

It does worry me slightly that there is something really wrong at the club financially that the fans dont know about.  Imagine squabbling over 200k for a loan

More making-fun-of-Villa on the Guardian liveblog!

(This time with a link, sorry mods

Mv5dCk0.gif?noredirect)

'Look away Aston Villa, fans. An email from Adam Griffiths – “Stat of the day: Cardiff, currently under a transfer embargo, have signed more players this transfer window than Villa. If Villa were a racehorse, the vet would have put them down by now.'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/feb/01/transfer-deadline-day-live?page=with:block-56af8f55e4b0af1d9fddc18a#block-56af8f55e4b0af1d9fddc18a

• Like 1

I don't think there is really anything wrong with the club financially at all, people would have seen it in the accounts. It just appears that the higher-ups, who all clearly know nothing about the game, think spending money of any description isn't the solution. Idiots.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, av1 said:

£10 to villatalk if Newcastle don't win the league next year if they go down. 

Doumbia, Shelvey and Townsend won't be there next season if they go down. Neither will Cissokho or Wijnaldum