Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Crazy. Also players like Shelvey and Townsend going for £12M, Berahino linked for £25M and some people think the £50M we spent in the summer to build pretty much an entire team was enough. 

But its not crazy, and this, IMO is the reason we are where we are. 

£12m for Shelvey, £25m for Berahino is now par for the course, there are even players moving between championship clubs for £10m, and the new TV deal means prices are going to increase further. Whether we like it or not, this is the modern game and unless you keep up your likely to be left behind, as has been the case with ourselves for the last 6yrs. 

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm an Aston Villa fan. Not a top-flight-only-we-might-win-it-every-70-years-fan. I think this talk of the club dying is ridiculous. It didn't happen to Leeds, it won't happen to us.

Leeds Utd isn't dead but working in Leeds the fans generally seem to be dead inside when talking about the club.

• Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

But its not crazy, and this, IMO is the reason we are where we are. 

£12m for Shelvey, £25m for Berahino is now par for the course, there are even players moving between championship clubs for £10m, and the new TV deal means prices are going to increase further. Whether we like it or not, this is the modern game and unless you keep up your likely to be left behind, as has been the case with ourselves for the last 6yrs. 

We are agreeing with each other. I meant it's crazy how these prices are now the standard and using this to highlight how absurd it was to suggest that the £50M we spent in the summer was enough to build an entire team that was going to compete.

• Like 2

Leeds Utd isn't dead but working in Leeds the fans generally seem to be dead inside when talking about the club.

Understandable. They seem to be stumbling from one disastrous owner to the next. Must be tough. In fact, I know how they feel!

However, we need to try and keep faith that not all owners are created equally spineless, or in Leeds case just plain bonkers. We must try and rid ourselves of this stain as soon as possible.

We are agreeing with each other. I meant it's crazy how these prices are now the standard and using this to highlight how absurd it was to suggest that the £50M we spent in the summer was enough to build an entire team that was going to compete.

In retrospect yes, which is why I do feel a bit sorry for Fox and Riley. They seem to have bore an awful lot of the ire. An unfair amount IMO, in particular Riley. For all we know he had a list of strikers and goalkeepers as long as your arm in the summer for Sherwood to pick from, only to be told there was no money left.

I'm not presenting that as fact, just as an option. An unknown variable.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ulver said:

Time to start sending mass emails to Tom Fox again then. Not just random abusive ones, send him one from the heart and let him know how he and Lerner have sold us all down the river

Why not try old fashion letters to Fox, Hollis and Lerner, whilst you're at it, get the unabomber to send them ;)

Massively off-topic, I know, and I expect I am about 100 years behind the times, but I've just stumbled across the @BoringMIlner Twitter feed which made me smile for the first time today.

Liked this

It may be #DeadlineDay, but I won't be going anywhere. There's no way I can put my cat through the upheaval of moving house again.

2,156 retweets2,713 likes

Retweet

More

If anyone knows of any other amusing web sites that might help pass the hours until 2300, maybe they could be shared here?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, penguin said:

We spent £50million but we also lost more than that experience-wise and talent-wise in Delph, Benteke, Cleverly and Vlaar. What was our net spend? £6million. The club is an absolute joke.