Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To the bitter end? I'll still be there no matter what. The Power League if necessary, I might even get to turn out for us then.

Can someone send this to the board before 11pm.......

Edit - not sure why I am posting as completely pissed off but made me feel better for a couple of minutes.

Edited by Gary Thomas

What I mean is Dave,  why are we fans ,  what are we fans of ? To be honest in terms of the fans always remaining lets see how many remain for the rest of this season and next.

A football club called Aston Villa.

Honestly I don't really know what you're getting at. I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I'm lost!

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

TWhat I mean is Dave,  why are we fans ,  what are we fans of ? To be honest in terms of the fans always remaining lets see how many remain for the rest of this season and next.

he 2nd leg against Wycombe gave, I think a good indicator to next years attendance's.

I don't find what we've done today that surprising tbh, last January we were in trouble and spent £3million on Gil and Sinclair

the January before we were in trouble and signed grant holt and Ryan Bertrand

tje January before that we were in trouble and signed  sylla and Simon Dawkins

weve shit it in every January to address the problems in our team, the only difference this window is we need to sign half a dozen players to give us a prayer of staying up.

Edited by Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

I don't find what we've done today that surprising tbh, last January we were in trouble and spent £3million on Gil and Sinclair

the January before we were in trouble and signed grant holt and Ryan Bertrand

tje January before that we were in trouble and signed tax pubs sylla and Simon Dawkins

weve shit it in every January to address the problems in our team, the only difference this window is we need to sign half a dozen players to give us a prayer of staying up.

We've never been adrift like this before.  Those other times it's (remotely) conceivable that they thought that was enough to help us stay up.  This time it's a white flag no question whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Stoke paying 18 million for Imbula :o

Crazy. Also players like Shelvey and Townsend going for £12M, Berahino linked for £25M and some people think the £50M we spent in the summer to build pretty much an entire team was enough. I'm aware there is more than likely a premium due to it being January but my point still stands, it's chronic under-investment thats got us to this point and there are no signs of this changing any time soon.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaCas said:

Apparently not

i think you must be confused...

What i said was HAD we signed players, our chances of survival would have been better than our chances of automatic promotion next year.

What isn't clear in that statement that makes you think i am saying we signed players?

Just now, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

We've never been adrift like this before.  Those other times it's (remotely) conceivable that they thought that was enough to help us stay up.  This time it's a white flag no question whatsoever.

oh it's a white flag alright, the point I was making was in previous seasons we were also I danger of going down & signed these no hopers and punts to help us out. 

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is there nobody else who feels a tiny bit sorry for these guys? Riley in particular, I don't think he has any say at all on the money aspect, he's asked to find players that fall within a remit handed to him. That's it. We don't know what that remit was.

Do you really think Tom Fox has any ultimate say over finances? I don't think he picks the players either.

They should probably go anyway, as that is the way of the world. Fox picked Sherwood so yeah, disaster. Riley I'm not so sure about, I'm also not so sure that Gestede is an Aston Villa signing and not a Sherwood one, or that they would have chosen to spend 3 months chasing Adebayor under a different manager. An actual manager.

I think it's a bit ignorant to place as much of the blame at their feet as some are whilst your man there sits in his ivory tower state side hammering the eject button with all his might. I don't see how either of them are in any way, shape or form to blame for this January's debacle.

It's been a long time coming and all down to Lerner and, by extension Faulkner, getting us into a mess that Randy can't and won't try to resolve.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I know we were linked with Alex Milosevic earlier but he has signed for Hannover.

They happen to be my German team and they are also bottom of the league.  Woe is me.

I think we've found the reason why we are so shit. You're cursed.

let me guess, your favourite Spanish team is Levante?

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I think we've found the reason why we are so shit. You're cursed.

let me guess, your favourite Spanish team is Levante?

I believe he is probably also a fan of the Scotland national team 

• Like 2