Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Richard said:

what is the point of Aston Villa any more?

This. The club is a toy that is sitting under the bed getting dusty. Meanwhile, the owner has moved on. Cut your losses and give us away you arsehole...leave and take your toxic atmosphere with you. So many managers, some of whom have made errors, have come and gone. It's how this place is being managed currently - at the very top. Stop hurting us. 

Okay, some posters are saying about the finances and the inflated fees in January. But it's the feeling that pervades the club now that is problematic. Stop being sucked in, please: this must be one of the worst run businesses in the UK. 

I'm done now.

Tom Fox & Riley should resign over this joke of a season. 

Last straw for me this.

Is there nobody else who feels a tiny bit sorry for these guys? Riley in particular, I don't think he has any say at all on the money aspect, he's asked to find players that fall within a remit handed to him. That's it. We don't know what that remit was.

Do you really think Tom Fox has any ultimate say over finances? I don't think he picks the players either.

They should probably go anyway, as that is the way of the world. Fox picked Sherwood so yeah, disaster. Riley I'm not so sure about, I'm also not so sure that Gestede is an Aston Villa signing and not a Sherwood one, or that they would have chosen to spend 3 months chasing Adebayor under a different manager. An actual manager.

I think it's a bit ignorant to place as much of the blame at their feet as some are whilst your man there sits in his ivory tower state side hammering the eject button with all his might. I don't see how either of them are in any way, shape or form to blame for this January's debacle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is there nobody else who feels a tiny bit sorry for these guys? Riley in particular, I don't think he has any say at all on the money aspect, he's asked to find players that fall within a remit handed to him. That's it. We don't know what that remit was.

Do you really think Tom Fox has any ultimate say over finances? I don't think he picks the players either.

They should probably go anyway, as that is the way of the world. Fox picked Sherwood so yeah, disaster. Riley I'm not so sure about, I'm also not so sure that Gestede is an Aston Villa signing and not a Sherwood one, or that they would have chosen to spend 3 months chasing Adebayor under a different manager. An actual manager.

I think it's a bit ignorant to place as much of the blame at their feet as some are whilst your man there sits in his ivory tower state side hammering the eject button with all his might. I don't see how either of them are in any way, shape or form to blame for this January's debacle.

Nope. They are all well above their pay grade.

1 minute ago, Dorset77Villa said:

Why has no one taken a punt on Gayle, I can't understand it.

See Fletcher is off again even he's scored 8 goals this year (4 for Scotland).

So pissed off right now but no one on the board seems to give a shit!

click date for link. 

• Like 1

What I mean is Dave,  why are we fans ,  what are we fans of ? To be honest in terms of the fans always remaining lets see how many remain for the rest of this season and next.

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Reality now is the board **** up the summer window which has lead to this situation where we can't get players in for various reasons.

I can see that they don't want to spend too much cash however there seems this idea that going down and coming back up will be easier than fighting to stay in league , it won't 

Going down will cos us money but the way it which we go down will cost them the revenue from fans as well.

Personally I think that the odds of us coming back up next season will be about 4/1 to 6/1. At the moment the odds of us staying up are about 40/1. 

I won't be having money on either eventuallity but I don't agree that the likelihhood of us staying up is better than the likelihood of promotion next season

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Personally I think that the odds of us coming back up next season will be about 4/1 to 6/1. At the moment the odds of us staying up are about 40/1. 

I won't be having money on either eventuallity but I don't agree that the likelihhood of us staying up is better than the likelihood of promotion next season

might have been had they bothered investing in some players!

• Like 1