Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just to add to this as it stands Gestede ,Kozak ,Westwood and Sanchez are out of tomorrows games which leaves us with 2 fit strikers ( though looking at Gabby I'm not sure he qualifies as fit ) and CM options of Veretout , Gana , Lydon and Bacuna ..

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

To be fair, you'd have to be pretty crazy to join Villa right now. We shouldn't be trying to sign players like Doumbia, we should be getting in players who are ready for the Championship, signing them now would give them 6 months to bed into the squad. 

Pretty much.

Although a part of me thinks we should just wait until the summer so as to avoid demoralising new recruits before the start of next season.

• Like 1

Just to add to this as it stands Gestede ,Kozak ,Westwood and Sanchez are out of tomorrows games which leaves us with 2 fit strikers ( though looking at Gabby I'm not sure he qualifies as fit ) and CM options of Veretout , Gana , Lydon and Bacuna ..

Ayew isnt really an out and out striker and gabby is shit lol so we have no strikers

I'm usually pretty optimistic.  I thought there would be some cash left over from the summer and still feel sure there is money to spend - there has to be for a club our size - wages etc are pretty much under control these days.

Even allowing for our desperate position there must be a striker out there somewhere who we could get without being hijacked by Newcastle or Sunderland.  I don't expect a Newcastle style £££ gamble, but we need to show some willingness not to accept relegation without even a whimper - this is utterly shambolic, gutless and depressing.

Hearing Remi say he will stay 'to the end of the season' really worries me as he has been the only glimmer of optimism and if he doesn't stay and get backed in the summer we'll carry on spiralling into oblivion.  Sad times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

To be fair, you'd have to be pretty crazy to join Villa right now. We shouldn't be trying to sign players like Doumbia, we should be getting in players who are ready for the Championship, signing them now would give them 6 months to bed into the squad. 

Exactly this .  But I doubt the board were prepared to spend to do that either.  This window's disappointment for me is not that they havent thrown money at to survive.  It is that they have not had the intelligence to make a couple of signings now to get us in a better place for next season.  No one can be that incompetent surely? which makes me believe the reason for it is a total unwillingness to spend anything.  That is not even a couple of million on a promising striker to get a few months experience of the league/ the country.  Donkeys the lot of them

• Like 2

Looks like the money would have been there for Doumbia and kallinic - so approx a 10 mill budget was available. I'm not sure we would want anyone else not identified by the manager - so while it sucks we got nobody - it was actually out of our hands as Doumbia chose NUFC and Kallinic was stopped by the FA.

The players moral will be destroyed by the end of the season no doubt about they it will take months next season and an overhaul of squad to turn this around now.Utter morons everyone associated with the Villa board.

How in the **** can we not find at least some loan players !!

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you know what this is?

arctic-willow-salix-arctica-thule-greenl

It's the arctic willow, which is actually the only tree that grows on Ellesmere Island, Canada. 

It doesn't look much like a tree!

But it is. 

Can it play striker?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Or a striker anymore ::D

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Hearing Remi say he will stay 'to the end of the season' really worries me as he has been the only glimmer of optimism and if he doesn't stay and get backed in the summer we'll carry on spiralling into oblivion.  Sad times.

ive missed this!! where does he say this??

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you know what this is?

arctic-willow-salix-arctica-thule-greenl

It's the arctic willow, which is actually the only tree that grows on Ellesmere Island, Canada. 

It doesn't look much like a tree!

But it is. 

Loving these posts.  Very educational

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I feel like a complete mug hanging round in this thread in desperate hope.

To me it feels a bit like when they stopped ceefax and teletext but still pressed the text button anyway, half expecting something to appear.