Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Would everyone agree that last summer was one of the best for signing players and the optimism that it bought?

Everyone was jizzing their pants because we had signed so many players and spent a load of money.

If you're not buying players that are better than we already have then that's where the problem lies.

In hindsight, of the 13 signed i would say ayew/veretoout/amavi were capable of getting in last years team.

So really, we only made 3 decent signings in the summer. 

We are now bottom of the league by some distance. How much more difficult do you think it is to get decent players in???

Just 'getting some players in' is exactly what got us into this mess. Despite all the conspiracy theorists on here I think remi is being backed for whatever he wants....and he wants the right players.  We will probably will have to wait until the last day of the window, thats if we manage to somehow persuade good enough players to come.

spot on mate, I'd rather we added quality and not quantity. Quality 6 month loan players was what I was getting at, pay them enough and they will come. If we survive then regroup in the summer

1 hour ago, KHV said:

It will be a lot better in the summer, it will be much easier to sign players in the next window

And what makes you think that we will be willing to spend money and give players wages? 

The lack of both will make it harder than you suggest.

There are Championship teams spending £9million on players now. We wouldn't be spending that in the Premier League let alone down there. We spent it last year because we had flagged two of our better players and as soon as that money ran out stopped spending.

Read what Hollis said.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Sorry. Just thought this might break the storm clouds that are gathering. 

I've gotta stop looking at this. 

I'm waiting for the thread to give me just the most tenuous of reasons to post some more Brie gifs! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

It's just time to accept that sadly we are a lower league club.

This unfortunately is the truth of it and we are going to be staying in the lower leagues while that clown lerner and his rag tag bunch are in charge.

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Just 'getting some players in' is exactly what got us into this mess. Despite all the conspiracy theorists on here I think remi is being backed for whatever he wants....and he wants the right players.  We will probably will have to wait until the last day of the window, thats if we manage to somehow persuade good enough players to come.

You might think that, but nothing seen so far is backing that up.

I "think" Garde would have liked to have a striker here from Jan 1st

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyC said:

My son is 6, he wanted to support Chelsea like his school buddies but i convinced him to support villa. He's now asking me weekly if we can go! How can I take him to this shit for his first season?

I used to cherry pick the games for my son to attend that we were more likely to win than not but it was a lot easier in the mid 90s than it is now. He has since told me he thought we never lost back then and I think we got well into double figures before he first tasted the bitter pill of defeat although he has grown very accustomed to it now. I would suggest you might consider Norwich, Bournemouth and Newcastle for games for you both to attend in what is left of this season although I can offer no guarantees and it should prove easier next season to pick them. ;) 

On the transfer front why not bid for Zack Clough (other than the obvious answer)? Bolton really need the money, he looks a decent young prospect and might be available at a reasonable price. He might even get a few goals this season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

If true, it will be to replace Vardy when he goes inthe summer. No way they are playing Vardy, Mahrez and Remy up front

They don't need too. If they are in CL next year their will be plenty of game time for all 3.

• Like 1

There are countless of quality/great potential players from abroad we could try for who would be available for £3-5m on low wages that would very likely be OK with playing a season in the Championship.

But I genuinely fell the club is not interested in spending ANY money until the summer (if then) when they first have sold of a few more of the assets like Richards, Ayew, Sinclair, Guzan and anyone else they can get a few bucks for.

• Like 1