Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

QPR probably as badly run as we are.....could've sold Austin for 15m in the summer which could've properly funded a promotion challenge...didn't and know losing him for a cut price 4m and are stuck in mid table with no chance of going up.

Whatever happened to their FFP fine? Plenty of championship clubs getting embargos, not them.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Then he's absolutely not what our midfield needs :crylaugh:

Must have had him confused with someone, sorry

maybe mixing him up with Charlie Adam who I would take in our midfield in summer

Austin to Saints now is a strange one to me as I thought they'd wait until the summer. They're mid table obscurity at the minute so guessing they're going to push for Europe. I also cannot see him playing either ahead of Pelle or up top with him so guessing he will be a squad player.

Austin at £4m is a bargain and we should have bought him last summer.

Surprised he has gone to Saints now though and not with waited until the summer.

He would've cost £15m in the summer. Still would have been worth it mind.

Charlie Austin for 4 million is a steal if you can keep him fit.

Don't see Long leaving as the rumour is Pelle leaving to go back to Italy.

Gutted we've missed out on Afobe & Austin 2 players I would have loved to see at Villa.

As for the Andre Ayew rumour if he goes for 10 million I would snap him up after all we paid 18 plus million for Bent when we were in the shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I like the sound of Debuchy - but think he would be better on the left hand side:)

I think he's stronger on his right. I don't think many people get to pass Debuchy on the left hand side.

(blatant plagiarism)

The Saints must have offered Austin the wages and the signing on fee that he would have been looking for in the summer to get him in now. It could have been us if we were prepared to match what the player had wanted and were in a similar position to them in the table. Great news if we have brought Debuchy in. Now one player has apparently shown he is willing to join us others may be tempted to do the same lets go for a keeper and a forward now.   

What about Nabil Bentaleb on loan?

Has hardly played for Spurs this season, partly because of injuries, but mostly because of other CM's finding their form and the emergence of Alli.

Really like what I saw of him the last 2 seasons, at 6ft 2 he would add some height to the midfield. Speaks french as well so no communication problems

I know loaning Spurs players hasn't always worked for us, but it did with Walker, might work with Nabil...

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

Charlie Austin for 4 million is a steal if you can keep him fit.

Don't see Long leaving as the rumour is Pelle leaving to go back to Italy.

Gutted we've missed out on Afobe & Austin 2 players I would have loved to see at Villa.

As for the Andre Ayew rumour if he goes for 10 million I would snap him up after all we paid 18 plus million for Bent when we were in the shit

Not sure about Afobe yet, Wolves dropped him earlier this year because he was playing poor. I'm yet to be convinced he can do it at the top level. Championship is a different matter, both Sinclair and Gestede have scored plenty at that level.

I think we need a proven Premier league goalscorer, but who will join us in our state?

40 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Austin to Saints now is a strange one to me as I thought they'd wait until the summer. They're mid table obscurity at the minute so guessing they're going to push for Europe. I also cannot see him playing either ahead of Pelle or up top with him so guessing he will be a squad player.

Pelle is probably leaving for Juventus now or in the summer. Shane Long hasn't moved for about a year either so he's due a move.

17 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

he's barely played any games this season due to injury which is why QPR are doing so badly

i wanted us to sign him in the summer, but he does seem to have injury issues

If you're on about Austin that's not accurate.. According to wiki up to 15/12 he'd played 16 scoring 10... I wouldn't class that as barely playing

Anyone else thinking Debuchy might be the same kind of signing that Garde was for Arsenal back in the day? A link for Garde to the dressing room to help get his ideas across? Hence why he seems to be the only one being heavily linked. Key piece of the puzzle? Just thinking out loud.