Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Gutting to see that Byram is in talks apparently with Everton-£3mill plus add ons. Good long term RB option. Also see Swansea linked with Roma's Seydou Doumbia, cheeky loan bid surely worth a try. Just returned from a loan spell at CSKA . Would of been nice to get someone in this week to build on our 2nd win of the season. Still time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Gutting to see that Byram is in talks apparently with Everton-£3mill plus add ons. Good long term RB option. Also see Swansea linked with Roma's Seydou Doumbia, cheeky loan bid surely worth a try. Just returned from a loan spell at CSKA . Would of been nice to get someone in this week to build on our 2nd win of the season. Still time. 

According to Doumbia's wikipedia, he scored 97 goals in the 11-12 season in 42 league matches. First off I didn't even know the russian league plays 40+ league matches in a season, and I am pretty sure this Doumbia fella must be Messi level quality. 

Edited by Czechlad

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Yes cant understand why we wouldnt be looking at Byram.  We could offer him game time unlike Everton

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

According to Doumbia's wikipedia, he scored 97 goals in the 11-12 season in 42 league matches. First off I didn't even know the russian league plays 40+ league matches in a season, and I am pretty sure this Doumbia fella must be Messi level quality. 

He is 28, From the ivory coast & has scored 95 in 149 appearances for Young boys & CSKA, including 6 in 6 against PL teams in the champions league. Two footed, plays mainly as a striker but also covers both wings if/when playing 4-3-3.

Roma signed him for 14.5 million euros a year ago but loaned him pretty much straight back to CSKA as he wasn't fully fit after playing in the African Cup of nations and couldn't establish himself as a result.

Swansea are after him and Galatasary have already had a go at £11 million

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He is 28, From the ivory coast & has scored 95 in 149 appearances for Young boys & CSKA, including 6 in 6 against PL teams in the champions league. Two footed, plays mainly as a striker but also covers both wings if/when playing 4-3-3.

Roma signed him for 14.5 million euros a year ago but loaned him pretty much straight back to CSKA as he wasn't fully fit after playing in the African Cup of nations and couldn't establish himself as a result.

Swansea are after him and Galatasary have already had a go at £11 million

I'm fully aware of who Doumbia is. I play fifa lol. My post was sarcastic. 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Gana?

because with him and vertout in midfield (grealish and gil also) we are very lightweight and i rate vertout more.

had a few good games and showed promise but hasnt really moved on from that.

might get a sale to a french team and he said he always wanted to use as a stepping stone, not a good mindframe for next season

someone like cambiasso in the last summer window might have been a better option

7 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

I thought we were on a tight budget?  

Says here were looking to by a Ferrari! 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/14/report-aston-villa-line-up-23m-bid-for-gianmarco-ferrari/

"Aston Villa line up £2.3m bid for Gianmarco Ferrari."

As long as we don't sign his twin brother as well. Hollis wont be impressed with matching ferraris.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Gutting to see that Byram is in talks apparently with Everton-£3mill plus add ons. Good long term RB option. 

Agreed but a move to them has more appeal than one to us for players at the moment. If we were to get a player like this we would have needed to get in with a bid before anyone else did but I guess if we had the player would have waited for a few days to see if someone else came in for him. We could offer above £3m which would tempt his club but you have to have a decent transfer budget to do that and I doubt we have one.  

Here's hoping that a back 4 of Cissokho (LB), Sane (CB), Lescott/Okore (CB) and Richards (RB) will be enough to shore up our defence. Unless Sane is going to play DM then the CB partnership of Okore and Lescott, our most impressive partnership this season (not hard), will do.

We still lack that number 10 type player, as well as a striker, who can play alongside Ayew and form a strong partnership. A new keeper would also be good.

Just not sure Grealish is either ready or that bothered and although Gil is a good player to have in the squad he's not going to create lots of chances at the moment.

OUT - Agbonlahor, N'Zogbia, Guzan, Senderos, Sinclair

IN - Sane, GK, CAM, ST

Wishful thinking I know but unless we sign a goalscorer we are shafted. Frustrating that Defoe has found some form and could keep Sunderland up with his goals.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 3

Looks like we were/are interested in Byram.

Everton close in on £3million deal for Leeds star Sam Byram as Championship club accept bid for young right back

• Leeds defender Sam Byram is the subject of Premier League interest
  • Everton, Aston Villa and West Ham have all made offers for the right back
  • Leeds have accepted a £3million bid from Everton for their star defender
  • Everton were expected to wait until summer but have injury concerns

By DOMINIC KING FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 19:20, 14 January 2016 UPDATED: 10:05, 15 January 2016

Everton have moved into pole position to sign Sam Byram after Leeds accepted their £3million bid.

The 22-year-old has been the subject of strong interest from Aston Villa and West Ham United, both of whom have made offers for the right back.

Villa's bid was the same as Everton's but it is understood the prospect of a move to the Midlands, given Villa's predicament, was not attractive to Byram, while West Ham's offer – which included two players – was rejected by Leeds manager Steve Evans.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3399911/Everton-close-deal-Leeds-right-Sam-Byram-Championship-club-accept-3million-bid.html#ixzz3xJAGd8xe 

Rafael Van Der Vaart anyone?

He is 32 now and he is gutted he has not making squad at Real Betis

Maybe available for 6months loan? as has Premiership experience and maybe can still offer a club something. Not sure if he has lost it now or whether his is just out of favour. Also not sure what wage he is on these days

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/real-betis/story/2786705/rafael-van-der-vaart-not-making-real-betis-squad-low-point

Rafael van der Vaart admitted he has reached "the absolute low point" of his career after not making Real Betis' squad for Tuesday's 4-0 Copa del Rey defeat to local rivals Sevilla.

Van der Vaart's second stint at Bundesliga club Hamburg came to an end last summer when they chose not to offer the Netherlands international a new contract. He then returned to Spain, where he had previously played for Real Madrid, and signed for newly-promoted Betis on a three-year deal.

However, partly due to injury, Van der Vaart has found regular first-team football hard to come by, having made just nine competitive appearances since his arrival.

Speaking to Bild following his omission from the squad for the cup tie against Sevilla, the former Tottenham midfielder conceded that his career has hit rock bottom.

"I have to say that I have reached the absolute low point of my career," Van der Vaart told the German newspaper, which reported that Betis interim coach Juan Merino's decision to omit the player had also "surprised" the rest of the squad and left the Dutchman "shocked."

"I want to play," Van der Vaart added, while leaving open his future at Betis.

Edited by Villan4Life