Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

martins is claiming that we've been in touch with him

still only 31 apparently 

:lol:

I'm calling bullshit on this.  I can't see Garde going anywhere near him - the very epitome of the type of player we should be avoiding like the plague. 

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Rafael Van Der Vaart anyone?

He is 32 now and he is gutted he has not making squad at Real Betis

Maybe available for 6months loan? as has Premiership experience and maybe can still offer a club something. Not sure if he has lost it now or whether his is just out of favour. Also not sure what wage he is on these days

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/real-betis/story/2786705/rafael-van-der-vaart-not-making-real-betis-squad-low-point

Couldn't get a game for Hamburg. Couldn't get a game for Betis. 

No thanks - again a waste of money and a squad place. 

I'd get Shane Long in like a shot.

Doesn't play with any regularity at Southampton, is quick, runs behind the lines, scores fairly regularly and basically does the role of a midfielder and a forward.

Give them £6m for him.

Dunno whether he'd come, but he's played for Hull, Albion etc so he's obviously not too fussy :lol:

Just now, samjp26 said:

If we're baulking at the £5m or whatever that Bordeaux want for Sane then I doubt we have much to spend, can't see Long coming but I'd like that signing. 

Are we actually baulking at it? I always assumed that we wanted a loan because no player in their right mind would come here permanently in our situation. The loan seems to have fallen through leaving a permanent deal the only option which I don't think Sane wants..

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Are we actually baulking at it? I always assumed that we wanted a loan because no player in their right mind would come here permanently in our situation. The loan seems to have fallen through leaving a permanent deal the only option which I don't think Sane wants..

We haven't made an offer according to GFN/Bordeaux 

23 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

We haven't made an offer according to GFN/Bordeaux 

As of yesterday Bordeaux's website hadn't confirmed the sale of the bloke who's just joined Newcastle. I'd maybe not take them as up to date or gospel. 

9 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Mind you - if we can't get anyone in, he's probably worth hanging onto as a plan d.

Yes I agree. He wouldnt be in first XI but I think he's worth a place in the squad.  Like most of our players confidence is a big factor - a couple of wins and they all start to look a lot better

On 1/11/2016 at 13:31, av1 said:

I think this is the most important thing. The whole attitude of the squad stinks, for that to change, all the bad apples need to be shown the door. Otherwise were just building on rotten foundations. 

I think back to when GH came in, he wanted to change the culture of the club and certain players downed tools, We can't just keep sacking managers because the main problem IMO is certain players and there stinking attitudes. 

When you have an expensively assembled squad like Chelsea, when the players down tools, it will always be the Manager that gets the bullet. Our squad however is sh*t, it has been for years, and I think our Manager agrees, so let's give him the opportunity to get rid of all of them 

That's kind of why I want him to stay. I don't want another Manager coming in and assessing the squad, trying to get the best out of bums like Gabby. Remi has assessed the squad, realised its sh*t, and IMO will rip it to piece's in the summer. 

ditto

....too much time spent on assessment now ,its  time for action.

Edited by TRO

58 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I think Garde would let Gabby, NZogbia and Senderos go if he had offers.  I don't see Guzan or Sinclair going

I can't see us getting offers of any kind for any of them, regardless of if he'd let them go or not.

5 minutes ago, Duck said:

I can't see us getting offers of any kind for any of them, regardless of if he'd let them go or not.

Yep. I'd serously question any manager who considered paying money for them. 

Kemar Roofe scored another 2 goals for Oxford last night against Millwall to follow up his double against Swansea.

Goalscoring midfielder and a local lad from Walsall!

Whyever we never track the best young talent in these divisions such as Roofe i will never know? We just go after poor players such as Bowery, Lowton etc.