Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

He seems to be pimping himself out for a move ...

To avoid any doubt! My clause is 300.000€ for any club placed below 4. Place in any highest league. Clubs placed 1.-4. it's fixed 500.000€

Hmm thats not good, imagine a player for Villa doing something like that.  He be ran out of town very quickly

3 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

He seems to be pimping himself out for a move ...

To avoid any doubt! My clause is 300.000€ for any club placed below 4. Place in any highest league. Clubs placed 1.-4. it's fixed 500.000€

Subtly hinting that he might no be totally adverse to a move

• Like 4

hopefully we will see a signing or two next week. but i got a feeling if we do any business it will be late in the window if not in the last couple of hours as im sure the players would be weighing up their other options. It would be really really shit if we didnt manage to get a single signing in, an event that seems like a possibility at the moment

29 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Hmm thats not good, imagine a player for Villa doing something like that.  He be ran out of town very quickly

Usually Eris Kismet or Sherwood would do it for them.

As long as th back it up on the pitch then so be it.

I actually mentioned Santos a few months back as I follow the Venezuelan national team.

He's a bit of an overnight sensation really, hardly did much up to 25 in his career, moved to NEC when they were in the 2nd division, socred hatfuls, they went up and he's still scored hatfuls. Mind you it is the Dutch league and we've seen likes of Altidore and Afonso Alves flop after scoring a million goals in Holland.

Venezuela only called him up last year and he did score v Brazil in the world cup qualifiers which indicates he can also score v better defenders.

Main problem for me despite his excellent scoring record he's not really an out and out striker, plays more as one of those wide attacking midfielders or just off the striker, we have too many of them in the squad but no one to poach in the 6 yard box.

Still on balance get him in as would be cool to see a Venezuelan play for us. Rosales of Malaga and Tomas Rincon of Genoa are worth a look aswell.

6 hours ago, mwj said:

Erm Marca's a half decent paper, and surely if they wanted to drive traffic they would just make something up about Ronaldo or Messi instead of a foreign club last in their league and some random player.

Sometimes I find myself accessing websites after using a thing called a 'search engine'

• Like 1

Erm Marca's a half decent paper, and surely if they wanted to drive traffic they would just make something up about Ronaldo or Messi instead of a foreign club last in their league and some random player.

Sometimes I find myself accessing websites after using a thing called a 'search engine'

Sure. Who do you think their target demographic is? "Aston Villa Venezuela Dutch transfer rumours espanol version"?

More likely our friend (or his agent) is trying to manufacture a move and has a buddy at Marca