Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Erm Marca's a half decent paper, and surely if they wanted to drive traffic they would just make something up about Ronaldo or Messi instead of a foreign club last in their league and some random player.

Marca is not a half decent paper 

It's a sports newspaper, it's not exactly going to be The Times is it?

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The player himself has been sharing articles linking himself with a move to us, so there may well be something in it. 

Yes indeed. This is from his Twitter:

Christian Santos Retweeted

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/17/report-aston-villa-closing-in-on-deal-for-hajduk-split-goalkeepe/

According to Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla, the club are closing in on a €3 million [£2.3 million] deal for Hajduk Split shot-stopper Lovre Kalinic after overtaking the likes of Inter Milan and Lazio in the race for his signature
  • Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fantastic technique for the first 2 goals in particular. He seems very agile and has a touch of the poachers instinct about him. 

I'd be interested to know if he has any pace?  

Well it claims he is a 6ft "pace ace" in that article, so i would assume so.

24 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Can't believe we will get these kind of players the position were in

Surely they will want to play prem football next season

I imagine if players like that do come here they'll have both generous bonuses for staying up, and low relegation release clauses if (when) we go down.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I imagine if players like that do come here they'll have both generous bonuses for staying up, and low relegation release clauses if (when) we go down.

Or be somebody like Santos, who would no doubt sign for a club of our size no matter what division we were in.