Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I wouldn't call Wilson terrible at all. He's not a name or anything to get the loins going, nor a signing that would make you feel, right, we're giving this a bloody good go but he's been a solid enough player of a Stoke side who have finished comfortably mid-table to upper-half for a while now.

I'm not advocating signing him but all these sorts of players the fans don't want can't be that shocking. Your Marc Wilson's, Glen Whelan's, James Morrison's, Chris Brunts, Danny Drinkwater's, Glen Johnson's, Huth, Shawcross, Dann etc etc, they're reliable in the main yet many have been linked over the past few years and people have said no. Charlie Austin is another a decent number didn't fancy, well the teams like Southampton do think he's decent enough. I bet if Deeney or Ighalo had signed in the summer the response wouldn't have been that positive from plenty (ignoring the blue-nose part of Deeney).

I'm not trying to suggest Marc Wilson is going to keep us up or is a game changer but he's a decent enough player. Terrible? I think not.

Very well said.

Should this be true, he is also a very shrewd acquisition for the Championship next year. A player with some grit and physicality.

29 minutes ago, useless said:

This sudden craving for the likes of Walters, Wilson and Nolan strikes me as a knee-jerk reaction to our season after the signings we made in the summer. But to me that's a delinquent narrative, if anything if we want to improve we need to be signing more players like Ayew, Veretout and Amavi.

Although I agree with most of this I still think it is worth supplementing the foreign imports with some experienced PL players. I don't mean the over-the-hill mercenaries like Richardson and Lescott who are well beyond their prime and are just after a quick buck. Wilson is 28 and would be better than what we currently have. Would certainly be a good signing for a Championship club hoping to finish near the top end of the table.

I think we can make do with Bacuna and Richards at RB, and Bunn in goal for now. But a striker is absolutely essential if we're to survive. Ideally we should try to loan a player similar to the one we should have signed to replace Benteke in the first place this season.

Agree with this- looking more organized and solid as a team, but we desperately desperately need a good striker.  They know this I am sure.  Given our position I expect any business to be done late in the window.  Prospective players will hold out to see if they can get better offers - just the reality of the poor situation we are in at the moment. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Agree with this- looking more organized and solid as a team, but we desperately desperately need a good striker.  They know this I am sure.  Given our position I expect any business to be done late in the window.  Prospective players will hold out to see if they can get better offers - just the reality of the poor situation we are in at the moment. 

If we can scrape a couple of wins from the next 2 or 3 games it would help massively as well as it might actually look like (emphasis on look like as I still think we'd be down given our fixtures) we have a chance of staying up

Norwich are about to buy Timm Klose for £9mil and Steven Naismith for £8.5mil

Sunderland are putting bids in for players

Newcastle have spent over £20mil already

Bournemouth have spent over £20mil as well

Whilst we sit around not even spending a million or two on a player even though we need to spend or bring people in on loan to give us a chance to stay up!

Edited by Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Whilst we sit around not even spending a million or two on a player even though we need to spend or bring people in on loan to give us a chance to stay up!

We don't have a chance to stay up. That's why we aren't panic buying like the teams you have listed. Our focus is to reduce the wage bill.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We don't have a chance to stay up. That's why we aren't panic buying like the teams you have listed. Our focus is to reduce the wage bill.

Thats bull. There is a chance. It's small but there is. If we can win a few and beat Norwich... You never know. The rest have a few tough matches

18 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I don't think its a case of us sitting around,it's more of a case that nobody half decent wants to come to us (as already been reported) I'm sure there's players on a huge list 

Leicester agree Amartey deal as Inler edges closes to Villa

Date published: Monday 18th January 2016 11:05

Daniel Amartey: Poised to join Foxes

Daniel Amartey: Poised to join Foxes

Leicester have agreed a deal to buy Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen, in a move that is likely to push Gokhan Inler closer to a loan switch to Aston Villa.

The Foxes, the surprise package of the season who are level on points with Barclays Premier League leaders Arsenal, have yet to confirm the deal but manager Claudio Ranieri is due to hold a press conference on Monday afternoon ahead of his side’s FA Cup third-round replay against Tottenham on Wednesday night.

Ranieri is seeking to bolster the squad of the shock title contenders and Amartey, a Ghana international capped six times by his country, would become the second January arrival at the King Power Stadium after Demarai Gray joined from Birmingham for £3.75million.

FC Copenhagen say a fee has been agreed for Amartey’s transfer and that the player just needs to finalise personal terms.

A statement on their official website said: “A deal has been agreed between FC Copenhagen and Leicester City FC for Daniel Amartey.

“The agreement has been signed on the assumption that Amartey and Leicester City FC as expected come to an agreement on a few personal/minor details.”

FC Copenhagen chief executive Anders H0rsholt added: “We cannot turn down a transfer of this size because generally speaking, it is the best outcome for FC Copenhagen.

“We have been very happy to have Daniel here but it is part of our strategy as a club and a company to develop players to a level where they get so attractive that clubs from the biggest leagues will buy them for large sums of money.”

Gokhan Inler: Leicester City midfielder wanted by Aston Villa

Amartey started his career with the Swedish side Djurgarden before moving to Denmark in 2014. His arrival at Leicester is likely to trigger a loan move for Inler, with the Switzerland captain wanting first-team football ahead of Euro 2016.

Villa are interested in the midfielder, while a move to Schalke has not materialised. Inler has made nine appearances for Leicester – but only three league starts – since signing from Napoli in August and was an unused substitute at Villa Park on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Didn't you get the memo from Hollis then?

We ain't spending, they are going to try to find a better way to compete.

• Like 1