Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

"We identified the needs our manager thought he had - we challenged some of those, which led to great discussion - and we tried to create a list of acceptable options, in the event your first choice wasn't available you had other people you could target.

I find that quote very interesting. 

• Like 1

Watford are looking to sell Jose Holebas in January, he hasn't played a league game since August. Decent defender, primarily a left back, has won a lot of caps for Greece. They're so far ahead of us they probably won't consider us rivals at this point. Worth a look?

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

"We identified the needs our manager thought he had - we challenged some of those, which led to great discussion - and we tried to create a list of acceptable options, in the event your first choice wasn't available you had other people you could target.

I find that quote very interesting. 

I felt that as well. So they told him where he thought he needed to strengthen, told him he was wrong in some of these cases which he told them he thought he had not been and then they told him what players he could actually have?

Sounds like there was a whole lot of mind reading, subliminal persuasion and Vulcan mind melding going on. I guess Derren Brown and Spock were invited to the meeting? ;)    

• Like 2

I think we should have a go at signing "the next Stefan Schwartz" Oscar Lewicki from Malmö FF.

He might not be able to make an instant impact (although he just might). Not saying much but imo he's currently the best Swedish midfielder and will only get better.

He reads the game exceptionally well and has a great work rate, he also gets better the better player he faces.

I also think he'll stay on if/when we are relegated, work well in the Championship and will not cost much in signing fee or wages

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

If we are still after an attacking midfielder, a player it would be hard to look past and who should be somewhere near the club's range would be Hakim Ziyech. Still quite young and has been doing quite well in the Dutch league for the past few seasons.

yes please to Ziyech. I have mentioned him on here in past in other transfer windows!! He is only 22 and he has many goal assets in last 2 years

Funnily enough ourselves and Newcastle are linked with him here:

http://www.lionsdelatlas.ma/football/transferts/17-transferts/14094-qui-n%C3%A9gocie-pour-hakim-ziyech-en-premier-league.html

Remind us that at their first meeting with Hakim Ziyech, mate Mounir El-Hassouni whose function within this coaching staff is still to be determined, had given assurances that if Hakim chose Morocco, he would do his best to place it in a Premier League club.

In this regard, we learn that last Saturday, Zaki and El-Hassouni visited Moroccan international, Hakim Ziyech with whom they met after the victory of Twente face De Graafschap (2-1). National coach praised the player for his winning goal and his good performance in this match, while his sidekick negotiating with the agent Ziyech possible transfer to Aston Villa and Newcastle this winter.

No doubt the official reason for this tour, which ended on Sunday, was to visit a few players (Tannane, Toutouh ...) to assess their motivation and potential of the moment for a future convocation as might justify the national coach Badou Zaki. However, as we approach the winter transfer window and knowing the real priorities of the acolyte who takes every tour to expand its address book and extend its field of action, the curious bear is still entitled to question Technical and federal officials about the real reasons for such a tour programmed to over 3 and a half months of the next crucial match against Cape Verde!

Aly Cissokho is on his way back in Jan.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/exclusive-aston-villa-agree-first-january-acquisition

Loaned out to Porto for the season over the summer by Tim Sherwood, Aly Cissokho’s second spell with the Portuguese club didn’t quite go as planned.

Today, Sport Witness can exclusively reveal that the player’s loan has been officially cut short by Aston Villa, with the left-back returning to the Midlands club for the remainder of the season.

Talk of this happening has been circulating for a while now, especially since Jordan Amavi’s cruciate ligament rupture, and the deal has now been finalised.

According to a source close to the player, the left-back was never really in Lopetegui’s plans, with some decisions made by the Porto manager described as “questionable”.

Asked if Aly Cissokho wanted to return to Aston Villa, the source told Sport Witness: “Of course, yes! Aly’s objective is to have as much game time as possible and take pleasure in doing so. He’s only 28.”

One of the main reasons behind the player’s return is, of course, Rémi Garde.

Aston Villa’s new manager was the man in charge during Aly Cissokho’s last year at Lyon before the player’s move to Valencia in 2012.

The source explained: “Rémi Garde knows him very well. They had a promising contact over the phone (prior to the deal being finalised) and he’ll know how to use him.”

There were indications the deal had been completed on Thursday by the player’s absence during the morning training session.

During his brief loan spell at Porto, Aly Cissokho only made three appearances for the Portuguese club (two in the league and one in the cup).

Tom Coast.

• Like 2

Going forward he is not great but we have a hole on our left side defensively that he will shore up and we will hopefully have a more solid base to attack from. What is great is that I suspect we will have limited resources available to improve the squad in January and bringing him back leaves this free to improve the squad elsewhere.