Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why would he leave a championship club only to be in the same situation in a few months times? 

The 2 clubs don't compare. Even if we were in the same league next season we are probably the biggest club that'd be in for him. We may have to pay him big wages but when the payout is £100m+ we need to gamble. Something that should've happened in the summer. 

• Like 1

Lerner will like this, but I don't think we should be spending big this Jan - unless we show something in the games until then. If we are still limping along then we will need all our cash reserves for our promotion push. 

• Like 1

For a chance to stay up in the league I would go try and get Sirigu (GK), Debuchy (RB), Loftus cheek (loan DM), Miralles (long shot LW), Austin (long shot striker), decent prem experience there                   

Sirigu

Debuchy   Richards   Okore   Bacuna

Gana     Loftus-Cheek

Traore              Ayew               Miralles

Austin

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, supermon said:

For a chance to stay up in the league I would go try and get Sirigu (GK), Debuchy (RB), Loftus cheek (loan DM), Miralles (long shot LW), Austin (long shot striker), decent prem experience there                   

Sirigu

Gana     Loftus-Cheek

Austin

debauchy + miralles will be impossible

Edited by gharperr

Austin has said he is staying put - and given his goals this season there is no compelling financial reason for his club to sell him when they are chasing promotion. Much as he would be ideal for a number of clubs. Garde will be going after French speaking journeymen I feel - and why not. 

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Sirigu

Gana     Loftus-Cheek

Austin

Sirigu refused to play in PSGs recent CL tie, presumably to prevent him being cup-tied. I think he is aiming his station a little higher, Roma perhaps. 

I know my line up was a long shot, but that spine seems so much stronger, that's one of the things (amongst others) that we are lacking at the moment, our current spine is Guzan, Richards, Sanchez, Veretout and Gestede,

Would be good to replace that list, except Richards, with some good premiership experience. 

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Austin has said he is staying put - and given his goals this season there is no compelling financial reason for his club to sell him when they are chasing promotion. Much as he would be ideal for a number of clubs. Garde will be going after French speaking journeymen I feel - and why not. 

Journeymen? Why?

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

My thoughts are that I don't understand why you specified journeymen.

My thoughts are that I don't understand why you specified journeymen.

thoughts are that I don't understand why you specified journeymen.

Thanks for sharing, you've enriched the reading experience of this forum ten-fold.

Just now, Jareth said:

Thanks for sharing, you've enriched the reading experience of this forum ten-fold.

Haha Ok. I sincerely apologise for asking why you specified journeyman so I could understand your point more and then offer a more informed response.

I have obviously failed in my ability to forum.

Sorry again.