Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

3 goals in 15 games just what we need ;)

though he has an assist today for Darmstadt, saw him play in Under 21 years ago and looked decent and led the line really well for Germany in 2009 tournament but his goal record seems quite poor in club teams

Absolute bare minimum is a new LB, a strong leader in midfield and a striker who works hard and can hold up the ball as needed. We may also need a CB if Richards is going to be a worry week on week.

Gana and Sanchez need to be dropped, they can't be trusted to keep the ball and I'd wager most of our conceded goals come from sloppy play from the midfield. Westwood, whilst not spectacular, can be trusted to do the simple stuff well. He should sit in front of the back four and sweep up and do the simple stuff as he's generally quite composed (not at shooting though!). Then have Veretout as a more forward thinking player along side a 'proper' midfielder who won't be caught napping, won't play lazy passes and won't be caught on the ball constantly. Then use combination of Ayew, Traore or Gil with a strong striker, one who can hold the ball up, who can bully defenders and actually cause problems. 

With that, we might get more points than Derby ;) but think we need probably another two midfielders if anyone still holds any hope of survival. What's letting us down is our midfield, not the defence or strikers. They put undue pressure on the defence by lazy, sloppy passes and fail to create opportunities for forward players. To be honest, Gana, Sanchez, Westwood and Veretout aren't good enough. Veretout shown the briefest glimpses but no one else has. Sinclair, Traore, Gil and Grealish as the more creative midfielders also heavily lack in key areas (Sinclair ability, Traore team work, Gil strength and Grealish workrate).

It's the mdfield letting us down. Put Delph and Cleverley back in there and I'm confident we'd be just outside the relegation zone. We'd still be lacking a forward but would be doing just enough with Ayew and either Sinclair, Traore or even Gabby helping out. We're never going to be comfortable with this many substandard players, but it's the midfied that really causes us the most probkems both defensively and going forward.

Someone like Kisseling would be good...never been quite top class but always been a consistant scorer...talk of him moving on from Leverkusen with Hernandez amazing scoring (and I remember in the summer plenty of people on here turning their noses up at him!)

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

3 goals in 15 games? Yeah, he's really going to fire us out of this mess. 

In fact his record is absolutely shite throughout his entire career, he's like a German Gestede by the looks of him, a big lump of shit.

I'm with you-Lets put a cheeky bid in for Messi or Saurez instead.

Seriously-We are rock bottom by a long shot-Name a realistic target who is likely to touch us with a barge pole, instead of criticising anything and everything about the club.

39 minutes ago, West said:

Would be an excellent option in our state. 

Desperate times, but an ageing sicknote giraffe who can't even make the bench for Stoke is not an excellent option for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I'm with you-Lets put a cheeky bid in for Messi or Saurez instead.

Seriously-We are rock bottom by a long shot-Name a realistic target who is likely to touch us with a barge pole, instead of criticising anything and everything about the club.

Yeah, cos a guy with a record with an amazing career league record of, wait for it, 37 goals in 232 games is going to be of any **** use to us????? However because that's being flagged up we should be bidding for Messi? Ok then LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yeah, cos a guy with a record with an amazing career league record of, wait for it, 37 goals in 232 games is going to be of any **** use to us????? However because that's being flagged up we should be bidding for Messi? Ok then LOL

Nice to see you "LOL'ing"

All I've seen you do prior to that is moan

• Like 2

I think a good defensive midfielder would genuinely transform our game. Veretout is coming on now, but if we could get someone in there who can do the dirty work and NOT pass it to the other team afterwards, it would work a lot better.

• Like 3