Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I reckon that would be totally regressive if that's who we're relying on next season. I would have considered the Championship a good place to prepare Veretout/Amavi/Ayew/Traore/Grealish etc. I realise it's a tough league but Watford and Bournemouth both impressed in it with technical players as opposed to just strong athletes.

I think completely the opposite........ veretout/traore/grealish cant cope with the prem where no one tackles, loads of time on the ball........... I think the championship when its 100mph blood n thunder will completely finish them off............. they've not got the bottle or scrap

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

I think completely the opposite........ veretout/traore/grealish cant cope with the prem where no one tackles, loads of time on the ball........... I think the championship when its 100mph blood n thunder will completely finish them off............. they've not got the bottle or scrap

Not sure if serious? You're pretty much saying the Premier League is easier to play in? 

No one tackles in the Premier League, and you had loads of time on the ball? Really? 

Grealish was playing really well in League1 a couple of years back, I'm sure he can make the jump from League 1 to the Championship :rolleyes:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

It's not a hundered miles an hour though, it's absolute **** dross.

Watch any of Derby, Boro or Brighton play this season. Slow, lethargic, passsing for passing sake.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't see us being prepared to pay the amount and the wages it will take to get Austin here. 

he's probably as good as we can get it'd be an £8m gamble that if it never came off we'd either get our money back or have a 20+ goal scorer next season. 

51 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Charlie Austin is looking sharp and his movement makes a mockery of Gestedes. If there's any chance we can get him we shouldn't hesitate. 

I remember people laughed at the idea in the summer as a typical Tim signing. Was a no-brainer then and we paying for it now

Dodgy knees? Look at how many minutes he plays! I think £15m was the start point and could easily have been negotiated. The difference in movement in Austin and Gestede is unreal he also has a desire in him that I haven't seen in Gestede. If we could get him for £8m in Jan it'd be good business. I'd even give them another £4m if we stayed up or got promoted next season. We need a striker and he's probably the best can get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

The Mail are still linking with us with Laurent Depoitre in tonight's online sources.

Doubt we will go for Austin and more likely for someone like him.

Who the he'll would leave a champions league club to come and play for our shitty little outfit???

7 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

Grealish was best player on pitch by a mile second half v SHA. Ayew was very good aswell albeit I don't expect him to stay if we go down.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Dodgy knees? Look at how many minutes he plays! I think £15m was the start point and could easily have been negotiated. The difference in movement in Austin and Gestede is unreal he also has a desire in him that I haven't seen in Gestede. If we could get him for £8m in Jan it'd be good business. I'd even give them another £4m if we stayed up or got promoted next season. We need a striker and he's probably the best can get. 

Why would he leave a championship club only to be in the same situation in a few months times?