Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because its a hugely successful billion dollar industry, I might be wrong here but the import to export ratio is also incredibly high, they aren't importing their guns on the cheap from China 

But its initial intention is so out of date its incredible, they arent forming a militia, it's utter bollocks, Jim Jeffries is still right the only defence for owning a gun is the admission that you like guns

Also it is alleged (although no proof that i have seen) that a lot of people within the US Government have shares in a lot of these gone making firms

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's kind of funny that they can't change their laws/constitution though. When you are stuck with a law from 1776 or whenever it's from, it's no surprise it doesn’t quite work in todays society. 

In fact can someone explain to me why on earth the amendment itself hasn't been changed? 

Money. 

It's a billion dollar industry and they've managed to convince the american people (or a lot of them) that it's somehow their right to own a weapon. 

It's all summed up by that time Trump blamed a shooting on video games. The next day Walmart had cleared their shelves of video games. And what was piled up on the shelves next to the empty video game shelves? Guns. Lots and lots of guns.

If they want to ban something they will. But not something that has influence.

Video Game companies don't have the kind of political influence that gun companies and associations do.

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Money. 

It's a billion dollar industry and they've managed to convince the american people (or a lot of them) that it's somehow their right to own a weapon. 

It's all summed up by that time Trump blamed a shooting on video games. The next day Walmart had cleared their shelves of video games. And what was piled up on the shelves next to the empty video game shelves? Guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Video Game companies don't have the kind of political influence that gun companies and associations do.

This is it. Will never change

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Money. 

Influence too.

The whole constitutional rights malarky is a distraction. Trump himself has defied the 1st amendment multiple timed during his presidency. 

Okay, try to be honest here.....If you lived in America, would you buy a gun?

Most of you guys appear to not trust the police...

So a guy breaks into your house ( in America), he is armed...

You can't call the police because you don't trust them...

You don't have a gun (he/ she does )..

Do you propose to tickle him to death......

Just think about the scenario before you batter your keyboard.

And yes, I would buy a gun ( I think)...

My top priority in this life is to protect my family,

what is yours?

VLD.

Just now, Graham t said:

what is yours?

VLD.

It's a weird scenario for me. I'd probably feel like I had to own one just to even the playing field in the event that my house was broken into. But at the same time, I'd hate the fact that I felt that way and would be hugely in favour of them banning guns all round.

And this is one of the few reasons why I would never consider living in the US. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Graham t said:

what is yours?

VLD.

If someone breaks into your house, you're not gonna be able to get off your fat arse, waddle up the stairs to your room, stumble over to your wardrobe, clumisly unlock your gun safe, get out the box of ammo and calmly use your chunky fingers to load the the gun and take the safety off before whoever is breaking into your house has already put a who magazine into your back, BOOM HEADSHOTS(!) your wife and then t-bags your kids while you bleed like a heff on the floor in front of him crying. 

Or at least, that's my experience playing COD innit bro. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If someone armed broke in to my house, whether it be a gun or a knife, I'd let them take what they want. That's one of the things I have contents insurance for. Escalating a burglary in to an engagement in which at least one party is going to die doesn't strike me as a good idea. 

States which have introduced "stand your ground" laws, essentially legalising the right to kill over and above "self defence" have seen marked risers in deaths by shooting. I'm not sure that's such a good thing. 

• Like 4

Just now, Davkaus said:

If someone armed broke in to my house, whether it be a gun or a knife, I'd let them take what they want. That's one of the things I have contents insurance for. Escalating a burglary in to an engagement in which at least one party is going to die doesn't strike me as a good idea. 

States which have introduced "stand your ground" laws, essentially legalising the right to kill over and above "self defence" have seen marked risers in deaths by shooting. I'm not sure that's such a good thing. 

But what if... Hear me out here... What if you're the kind of word removed that just really, really, really wants to kill someone? Shouldn't their feelings be counted?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If someone breaks into your house, you're not gonna be able to get off your fat arse, waddle up the stairs to your room, stumble over to your wardrobe, clumisly unlock your gun safe, get out the box of ammo and calmly use your chunky fingers to load the the gun and take the safety off before whoever is breaking into your house has already put a who magazine into your back, BOOM HEADSHOTS(!) your wife and then t-bags your kids while you bleed like a heff on the floor in front of him crying. 

Or at least, that's my experience playing COD innit bro. 

I thought you were joking at the beginning, good post.

• Thanks 1

The theory of who breaks in to your house, what weapon they have and what you would do as a result is just a demonstration of how **** up America is

Can anyone honestly say they go to bed every night scared of someone breaking in? 

I certainly don't, nowhere near it, and I've been burgled 

They live in a world of fear, saw an English guy and a yank arguing about the shooting on twitter earlier which the yank tried to end with "good luck when China invades" madness that you own a gun because you think that's happening or that you will play your part in stopping it 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If I had a gun, I'd have blown my head off by now.

So probably best I don't.

Much like 99.9% of America should.

It actually doesn't matter  what you think America 'should 'be like does it? America is awash with guns. Okay you don't want one, maybe one day you might actually need one, what then......

VLD.

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

It actually doesn't matter  what you think America 'should 'be like does it? America is awash with guns. Okay you don't want one, maybe one day you might actually need one, what then......

VLD.

That's my point above

One day you might need one

What kind of life is that? Why aren't they voting to create laws that mean that there are no days where they need one? 

• Like 1

I don't own anything I'd be willing to kill for or be killed for and I feel sorry for those who do.

As for protection I think it's a false security that is more likely to get you killed than anything else. I would not have a gun under any circumstances unless I lived in Alaska and needed it for protection against bears,

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The theory of who breaks in to your house, what weapon they have and what you would do as a result is just a demonstration of how **** up America is

Can anyone honestly say they go to bed every night scared of someone breaking in? 

I certainly don't, nowhere near it, and I've been burgled 

You are the exception to the rule if bring burgled did not affect you. Most people would at least make plans to improve their security. Especially ladies I should think,

Maybe if they had been armed then you would think differently, ( you aren't Clint Eastwood are you? )

VLD.

Just now, sne said:

I don't own anything I'd be willing to kill for or be killed for and I feel sorry for those who do.

As for protection I think it's a false security that is more likely to get you killed than anything else. I would not have a gun under any circumstances unless I lived in Alaska and needed it for protection against bears,

Fair enough, you don't have a family I imagine, 

I have...

VLD.

Just now, Graham t said:

You are the exception to the rule if bring burgled did not affect you. Most people would at least make plans to improve their security. Especially ladies I should think,

Maybe if they had been armed then you would think differently, ( you aren't Clint Eastwood are you? )

VLD.

Yeah, imagine that, @villa4europe, instead of it being "that time I got burgled, it wasn't too bad, nobody got hurt, and insurance paid for my stuff", it could be "Remember that time I killed a guy..."If you're the lucky one of course. 

• Like 1

Â