The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

... his response was to brag that the bus pass was something he introduced.

Even that was a lie. He claimed he introduced the freedom pass but this had been around for decades long before he was London Mayor. What he introduced was a concessionary free travel scheme for 60-65 year-olds which his government has since been trying to reduce the hours for which it can apply. The lying bastard just can't help himself can he. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Even that was a lie. He claimed he introduced the freedom pass but this had been around for decades long before he was London Mayor. What he introduced was a concessionary free travel scheme for 60-65 year-olds which his government has since been trying to reduce the hours for which it can apply. The lying bastard just can't help himself can he. 

Presumably the 77-year old mentioned would've already had access to free travel then, irrespective of anything Johnson may/may not have done?

What a **** guy.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely shameful.

When told about a 77 year old pensioner who is struggling so much that she's cut back to one meal a day to save money and has resorted to getting up early and using her 24 hr buss pass to ride the buses so she doesn' thave to pay for heating... his response was to brag that the bus pass was something he introduced.

That's not a joke. That actually happened.

It rather shows why he's been absolutely terrified of doing television interviews for the last five years or so. He's terrible at them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It rather shows why he's been absolutely terrified of doing television interviews for the last five years or so. He's terrible at them.

He prefers PMQ’s because they are not allowed to respond to his bullshit answers.

Boris-mobile-heating-bus.jpg

Prime Minister Boris Johnson used his interview with Susanna Reid this morning to launch a new government initiative aimed at helping destitute pensioners stay warm during the energy crisis.

Johnson explained that thanks to the free bus-pass given to pensioners, they are able to leave their freezing homes and enjoy a free trip around the capital to warm themselves whenever they see fit.

The prime minister explained, “We’re not just giving these desperate people heating, we’re bringing the heating to them – well, to their nearest bus stop.

“Don’t worry if you can’t afford to put the heating on in your flat, simply put in a coat and wander to the nearest bus stop, jump on any bus – any one you like – and take a seat next to one of the heaters, completely free of charge.

“There is no need for ANY pensioners to sit at home in the cold when they could be warming themselves while being driven aimlessly around the city.

“Think of it like sight-seeing, but with the added benefit of avoiding hypothermia.”

Johnson went on to explain that his government was pledging 8,000 new buses to the scheme, but when pressed for details it appeared the 8,000 buses are the ones already in circulation.

He went on, “Yes, but we’re not going to decommission those 8,000 buses, so that means we can count them as ‘new’, even though they already exist and are being driven on our roads right now. That’s how government accounting works, you wouldn’t understand it, it’s very complicated.

“I dream of a day when our capital’s buses are full, absolutely full, of smiling pensioners delighted to be out of their damp and cold homes, enjoying a brief glimpse of how the rest of us who don’t worry about our bills actually live.”

NewsThump

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No only free heating, but it gets them out and about in the community to prevent social isolation

Yeah but the downside is the buses always smell of wee ;)

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah but the downside is the buses always smell of wee ;)

You've got to remember that, no matter how tempting that it is to wee in your pants to provide a bit of extra warmth to avoid freezing to death, it only stays warm for a very short period of time. Not long after you're just as cold as you were before, only now you stink of wee.

Edited by sparrow1988

Boris has been giving it the big ‘en in an address to Ukraine government today. Do we think he’d be doing this if he wasn’t surrounded by scandal domestically? 

I think he’s using them as a distraction, and fortunately it doesn’t seem to be working very well.

He’ll have been doing a frantic 5 finger Winston shuffle in a nearby fridge after that speech he gave. Churchill obsessed Gammons will be proud of him. 

Are these buses with pensioners on them staying warm the same buses women fearing rape and physical attack are supposed to be flagging down?

Never knew buses were so versatile. 

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris has been giving it the big ‘en in an address to Ukraine government today. Do we think he’d be doing this if he wasn’t surrounded by scandal domestically? 

I think he’s using them as a distraction, and fortunately it doesn’t seem to be working very well.

It amuses me that the media is saying he’s going to channel Churchill with his speech. 

He couldn’t be further from Churchill. Apart from the racism obviously

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ml1dch said:

He’s terrified of any forum where it’s not against the rules to call bullshit on every word from his mouth.

Guest av1

I’m not sure what make me more sad, the Tories or the fact that they got enough votes to win. 

I know some of you disagree with this but I’m sure the bastards will win the next election again. 

I hate the world sometimes. 

Edited by av1

15 hours ago, av1 said:

I’m not sure what make me more sad, the Tories or the fact that they got enough votes to win. 

I know some of you disagree with this but I’m sure the bastards will win the next election again. 

I hate the world sometimes. 

They aint winning.no chance

Â