The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Johnson is consistently being done up like a kipper by Starmer and is being shown to be totally out of his depth when he doesn't have the baying mob behind him to help him get away from giving an answer with bluster and bullshit.

Starmer took Johnson to the cleaners at PMQ's but he should stay away from gimmicks like this... particularly if, they show him to be as deceptive as the PM. He says he is quoting from the document but hasn't. He has paraphrased it, not quoted it. I'm confident that a QC knows the difference.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Starmer took Johnson to the cleaners at PMQ's but he should stay away from gimmicks like this... particularly if, they show him to be as deceptive as the PM. He says he is quoting from the document but hasn't. He has paraphrased it, not quoted it. I'm confident that a QC knows the difference.

He didn't "paraphrase" it at all. I'm sure he knows the difference. Paraphrase means to express something similarly, but using different words to the original text.  He was not deceptive. He accurately took and quoted the words written on the Governments advice page and repeated them. They're there, twice, still, in black and white [though now recorded as "[withdrawn]"

It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected. This is the latest information and will be updated shortly.

Up until March 12 this was the government's position. The UK Government isn't unique in having effed up protecting people (including workers) in care homes. But they have effed up and got it horribly wrong.

Oh deary, deary me. (deleted so here's a screenshot)

EX-EhU8XsAAwZs6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Lucy Allan too.

And Maria Caulfield, who has since deleted her account.

Edited by StefanAVFC

You'd think they (the serving government) would have enough on their plates what with trying to manage a viral pandemic.

But no, they manage to find the time to act like 7 year old dickheads still.

The Tory party, continuing to sap what little faith I have left in the world.

• Like 3

Crazy thing is, the likes of WarBrian🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 on Twitter are running with it.

And sadly, we all know, it doesn't matter about the truth. What's that saying? A lie can travel around the world before the truth has had time to put it's shoes on?

This will run and run now. Next election it'll be the new antisemitism.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Oh deary, deary me. (deleted so here's a screenshot)

EX-EhU8XsAAwZs6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Lucy Allan too.

And Maria Caulfield, who has since deleted her account.

3 MPs, including the quoted minister posted it. No 10 refused to criticise them until they saw which way the wind was blowing, then they deleted it and the whips had a word.

This is a government of conmen and liars. Imagine being stupid enough to libel a lawyer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wezbid said:

I think the fact that they are behaving like this is a good sign. They're bricking it.

Standard for them.

They get scared, Johnson looks foolish, then two or three MPs share something on Twitter to cause people to get annoyed, that becomes the topic, people forget Johnson was wrong.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

the likes of WarBrian🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 on Twitter

This actually made me laugh out loud, which today is quite the feat. Thank you. (Also I may steal it like a good meme)

It's great how flags can spell word removed these days.

• Thanks 1

A powerful lobby group representing the United States’ largest chicken producers is working with allies in Congress to demand that a post-Brexit trade deal eliminates the UK’s ban on chlorinated chicken imports, Unearthed can reveal. 

Ahead of the opening round of trade talks this week, 47 members of congress wrote to the Trump administration’s top trade official on March 11 requesting that he “resolves this unscientific ban once and for all”.

The news comes after reports that UK trade secretary, Liz Truss, is preparing to slash tariffs on imports of agricultural products from the US – leading to fears that US meat that has been reared with lower welfare and food safety standards could flood the UK market.

Talks between the US and UK formally began last week, with both parties reportedly keen to secure some kind of trade agreement before November’s presidential elections.

The letter, which was spearheaded by a group of Congressional Representatives with close ties to major poultry producers, will increase the pressure on US negotiators to make chlorinated chicken a key issue in the talks, not least because trade deals negotiated by the White House can be blocked by Congress. 

The prospect of the UK weakening its food and animal welfare standards to secure a trade deal with the US has become one of the most controversial issues surrounding the talks.

In a vote on an amendment to the agriculture bill earlier this week, a significant number of Tory MP’s voted against the party whip in an effort to ban chlorinated chicken and hormone-fed beef from coming into the UK. 

US food and environmental standards are generally considered weaker than the EU’s. Brussels takes a precautionary attitude to environmental and food policy, while the US takes a risk-based approach. 

This means that some practises that are currently banned in the UK are accepted in the US. For example, American food producers can get away with having small quantities of “extraneous materials”, including “rodent filth” and “insect fragments”, in their products.

The US-permitted practise of dowsing chicken carcasses in chlorine and other microbial washes to kill bacteria is controversial because it can be used to compensate for poor animal welfare and hygiene practices in the supply chain. 

But the European ban has become a red line issue for US agricultural interests – including the powerful National Chicken Council (NCC), which represents America’s largest chicken producers including giants, Tyson Foods and Pilgrims. 

Unearthed

Â