The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

14 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nadine 'Donald Trump' Dorries

I welcome people wiser than I, (and there are loads), and employees of yougov especially to counter my claims that we should treat their polls with a massive pinch of salt. 

You know how unbiased and definitely representative a question time audience is? Yeah, that. 

I notice on their FAQ they say they are definitely not self-selecting. So that's ok then. Anonymous multiple choice surveys over the internet, from a private company, I can't see any quality issues with that data eh? (In case people's sarcasm meter is broken I can really).

Nothing to do with you Stefan, you make a salient point about Dorries, but when we see what she did there, perhaps the reason why sky might commission such a piece of work becomes a little clearer. 

People see a graph or bar chart and think science. It's scary how effective it is in this regard. She is quoting it as though it is a fact. Many people will shrug their shoulders at this point I'm making. 

23 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I welcome people wiser than I, (and there are loads), and employees of yougov especially to counter my claims that we should treat their polls with a massive pinch of salt. 

You know how unbiased and definitely representative a question time audience is? Yeah, that. 

I notice on their FAQ they say they are definitely not self-selecting. So that's ok then. Anonymous multiple choice surveys over the internet, from a private company, I can't see any quality issues with that data eh? (In case people's sarcasm meter is broken I can really).

Nothing to do with you Stefan, you make a salient point about Dorries, but when we see what she did there, perhaps the reason why sky might commission such a piece of work becomes a little clearer. 

People see a graph or bar chart and think science. It's scary how effective it is in this regard. She is quoting it as though it is a fact. Many people will shrug their shoulders at this point I'm making. 

I'm more talking about this:

The nation tuned into daily press briefings and saw journalists at their very left leaning, gotcha worst. They failed to adapt and behave appropriately in a crisis. Regarded it as a political event to trip up the gov trying to keep people safe. Big mistake.

Any government that starts attacking the media is straying into dangerous territory. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Any government that starts attacking the media is straying into dangerous territory. 

Yeah, a salient point like i said in the previous post. 

I was attempting to separate your good point from my being triggered :D

To put it another way, I disagreed with the assertion in another thread that the ons death stats suffered from a lack of transparency in the data collection process. That particular poster would, imo, have a very good point in this instance.

Rubbish in ----> Rubbish out

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I hate the suggestion that the media or anyone else should just be patting everyone on the back and saying well done regardless of what is happening. 

Where does that stop? If Boris dropkicked a baby into the Thames to battle coronavirus would we still have to say “oh bloody well done everyone. Aren’t we great?!”

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate the suggestion that the media or anyone else should just be patting everyone on the back and saying well done regardless of what is happening. 

Where does that stop? If Boris dropkicked a baby into the Thames to battle coronavirus would we still have to say “oh bloody well done everyone. Aren’t we great?!”

The ridiculous part is the idea that the media would need encouraging to suck up to the government in the first place, as if they've been doing much of anything else.

Always useful to remember the famous quote of Humbert Wolfe:

'You cannot hope to bribe or twist, thank God!

the British journalist.

But seeing what the man will do unbribed,

There's no occasion to'.

9 hours ago, Xann said:

I will need to check again with my boss, but I don’t think the 2nd part of this is true. I was told about the NHS App about a month ago and the company who were doing it we a company who we have bid against on projects at least a year or two ago which wouldn’t fit with the timelines here as they were already on other projects. 

5 hours ago, andyjsg said:

I will need to check again with my boss, but I don’t think the 2nd part of this is true.

Yes, do.

Challenge her if's a fallacy?

See what she comes back with?

4 hours ago, Xann said:

Yes, do.

Challenge her if's a fallacy?

See what she comes back with?

Yeah I will ask next time I’m on a call, not sure I would challenge it though as whilst it’s interesting for me I’m not sure I need to  shine a light on myself or my company for no reason. 

10 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

Yeah I will ask next time I’m on a call, not sure I would challenge it though as whilst it’s interesting for me I’m not sure I need to  shine a light on myself or my company for no reason. 

No reason? You could 'win' an argument on the internet here. Dox yourself or gtfo. ;)

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

Yeah I will ask next time I’m on a call, not sure I would challenge it...

You should if she's spouting bollocks? It's really quite important. For your future work, if nothing else? No one needs to know the details of your tender.

The filth have lied on this matter before.

NHS Contract Awarded To Private Firm Despite Rival Bid Being "£7 Million Cheaper"

Private company Alliance Medical beat an NHS bid to win a contract to provide cancer scan services across the North West of England. Conservative MP Malcolm Rifkind sits on the board of the private bidder.

Buzzfeed

It’s actually quite a challenge to get these contracts, you have to be on an approved list which tends to come from already being a supplier and being able to prove a number of things, such as security, support etc. I would love to know how they get these massive contracts as we fight for getting funding on our stuff. I guess we are part of privatising the NHS as we are external but I very much doubt they could do it cheaper for the quality.  

The IT contracts are a weird one as you would expect say a Cap Gemini would do this successfully as they have done in other large corporations but I think they must come unstuck by the sheer size of it all.

Also there is lots of dated hardware/software which in my case makes things difficult as you are trying to write up to date web applications whilst supporting IE10 at the same time. There are only so many times a polyfill can save multiple hacks of JavaScript code.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

I would love to know how they get these massive contracts as we fight for getting funding on our stuff.

Look at HS2, look at the cost, look at the gain for the nation, look who's making money out of it?

18 hours ago, Xann said:

Look at HS2, look at the cost, look at the gain for the nation, look who's making money out of it?

ohh  ohh Pick me ,  pick me  , i know tis one

it's Stanley Johnson isn't it  .. that cunning mastermind who engineered the whole thing back in 2009  from his position of trust within the labour government

Â