The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

British people don't want to do long days of back breaking labour, for less than minimum wage.

Its rotten all the way through. If farmers paid a decent wage then they wouldn't need to ferry in, what is effectively slave labour, from the poorest parts of Europe. Farmers could pay better wages if the supermarkets paid the suppliers a fairer price. This is something that needs looking at, as there are surely enough people in the UK already to fill the 60k-70k picker jobs required, especially with millions signing up for benefits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

HAHA they are flying in teams of people to pick lettuces from Romania. FIrst flight of 150 Romanians lands tomorrow

It also seems like it'll be the first flight into the country that's actually being health screened for Covid-19

Lettuces though, ffs send 'em back

Lettuce tell you what I heard. I read that they were coming from Romaine-ia

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Its rotten all the way through. If farmers paid a decent wage then they wouldn't need to ferry in, what is effectively slave labour, from the poorest parts of Europe. Farmers could pay better wages if the supermarkets paid the suppliers a fairer price. This is something that needs looking at, as there are surely enough people in the UK already to fill the 60k-70k picker jobs required, especially with millions signing up for benefits. 

And of course the supermarkets would pass on those extra costs to the shoppers, making fresh food even more expensive compared with processed factory food. There’s not an easy answer really, anything that requires significant human labour is bound to be expensive to produce. 

With the Times story yesterday and the Daily Mail today going in hard in regard the PPE issue and the loss of so many healthcare workers are the usually right wing rags turning on Johnson and The Tories? Elizabeth Oakeshott was on GMTV this morning sticking the knife into Johnson regarding his absence from Cobra meetings. The knives seem to be out in parts of the right wing media for Johnson and in regard the overall government response so is it possible Johnson's position could come under threat? I guess if Laura Kuenssberg starts doing her job then we really will know he is in trouble,

Edited by markavfc40

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

With the Times story yesterday and the Daily Mail today going in hard in regard the PPE issue and the loss of so many healthcare workers are the usually right wing rags turning on Johnson and The Tories? Elizabeth Oakeshott was on GMTV this morning sticking the knife into Johnson regarding his absence from Cobra meetings. The knives seem to be out in parts of the right wing media for Johnson and in regard the overall government response so is it possible Johnson's position could come under threat? I guess if Laura Kuenssberg starts doing her job then we really will know he is in trouble,

I enjoy seeing this clown being held to account and he deserves extreme criticism for his handling of this. My concern is why are these publications turning on him? I find it hard to believe that the right wing media suddenly have grown compassionate. 

One theory I read on social media, was that Johnson wants to keep things locked down and others like Gove want to open things up. Strong economy being worth thousands of dead people. So extra pressure on Johnson.

It does concern me what the motive behind this is. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

It’s about time. 

Can you actually imagine the shit they’d be giving Corbyn if he had won the last election and this was all happening under his watch?

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s about time. 

Can you actually imagine the shit they’d be giving Corbyn if he had won the last election and this was all happening under his watch?

He/Labour would have been ripped to pieces. The fact they would have only been in power for weeks when this crisis started and had inherited the decimated public services/lack of a decent welfare safety net following 10 years of Tory rule and the failure to act on the pandemic preparedness drill/report in 2016 would have been completely forgotten.

Clearly some of the right wing media going after Johnson/the government as @DCJonah says makes you think there is an ulterior motive and they haven't just suddenly become compassionate.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He/Labour would have been ripped to pieces. The fact they would have only been in power for weeks when this crisis started and had inherited the decimated public services/lack of a decent welfare safety net following 10 years of Tory rule and the failure to act on the pandemic preparedness drill/report in 2016 would have been completely forgotten.

Clearly some of the right wing media going after Johnson/the government as @DCJonah says makes you think there is an ulterior motive and they haven't just suddenly become compassionate.

I reckon Tories will be ripped to pieces after this is over. I said before that I’d wager that the next government will be a Labour one. 

5 hours ago, Xann said:

They're doing it now because they've landed their Brexit tax evasion, and in Starmer they've potentially got a Labour leader big money thinks they can deal with?

I'd be far more worried about them parachuting a troll like Raab in to front Cummings band.

Â