The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Is it just total arrogance?

Because quite clearly he is an intelligent guy and there is no way he would have been that concerned for his child. There would clearly have been a lot of support close to home for him. 

I'm struggling to see why he did it. Apart from just not giving a shit and believing he can do what ever he wanted. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Well you have a good clap then, personally, I’m done with the whole thing.

I've been thinking hard about this. My natural inclination has been to agree with you, that at this point clapping feels almost complicit in the disaster around us and the catastrophic political response.

But on the other side, where I see people out on the street clapping is in villages and wealthier suburbs - places that I know for a fact have Tory councillors and with wealthy property values - and if clapping is making these people see past the end of their upper-middle-class noses for once and to give just the tiniest of shits about workers worse off than themselves, then maybe I want it to keep going for as long as possible.

I can tell you  us people in Surrey are furious that poor people are daring to leave their workhouse and come out and clap , makes me feel all uncomfortable that I’m about to be robbed as I stand their rattling my jewellery 

outside of VT , I’m not really seeing anyone trying to politicise the clap thing and people near me  are doing it with good intentions and a bit of chance to natter with the neighbours afterwards whilst moaning that we still can’t get any flour ... when it’s all over I’m sure we will go back to ignoring each other again but for now I guess I’ll be out there on a Thursday 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I never started, I'm afraid.

It was pretty pointless crap to begin with. By the time they were getting every Tom, Cressida Dick and Harry out on Westminster Bridge it was laughable.

Now it's just a very, very empty gesture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I can tell you  us people in Surrey are furious that poor people are daring to leave their workhouse and come out and clap , makes me feel all uncomfortable that I’m about to be robbed as I stand their rattling my jewellery 

outside of VT , I’m not really seeing anyone trying to politicise the clap thing and people near me  are doing it with good intentions and a bit of chance to natter with the neighbours afterwards whilst moaning that we still can’t get any flour ... when it’s all over I’m sure we will go back to ignoring each other again but for now I guess I’ll be out there on a Thursday 

The woman who started it wants it to end because its becoming politicised. 

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I haven’t clapped once actually. I do my bit for the NHS every election, when I don’t vote Tory. I just haven’t and wouldn’t criticise any that feel they want to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I haven’t clapped once actually. I do my bit for the NHS every election, when I don’t vote Tory. I just haven’t and wouldn’t criticise any that feel they want to.

I think, maybe, I got a bit angry earlier and perhaps my intended message wasn’t easily spotted in the red mist.

I’m not criticising anyone that has clapped, far from it. My criticism is for the tory liars mugging them off.

I haven’t clapped either, just as I won’t boo next Thursday. 

This was not supposed to be the main take from today’s events.

I might now treat any lockdown regulations or advice with the same contempt as the Prime Minister and his handler.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m not really seeing anyone trying to politicise the clap thing

The moment, the Royals, the government, Jeremy Corbyn doing his Mr Portsmouth FC impression et al were seen on national TV clapping it became poiticised. It isn't VT making it so.

11 hours ago, snowychap said:

It was pretty pointless crap to begin with. By the time they were getting every Tom, Cressida Dick and Harry out on Westminster Bridge it was laughable.

Same here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snowychap said:

This. 

I never clapped.

I did hand over a couple of boxes of date expired latex gloves and a box of builders masks to a couple of GP’s and a midwife.

I don’t know what they’d done with the kit Hancock supplied. They were probably lying about not having any PPE.

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I never clapped.

I did hand over a couple of boxes of date expired latex gloves and a box of builders masks to a couple of GP’s and a midwife.

I don’t know what they’d done with the kit Hancock supplied. They were probably lying about not having any PPE.

Stolen by the lefty scum 

• Like 1

We clapped for the first couple of weeks and then stopped after.

The last week we had two people on our road out clapping.

One an old lady across the road who finished clapping at 8.02pm and at 8.04pm (no lie!) her daugter and granddaughter turned up and went into her house.

Also our next door neigbour who had his daughter (a teacher) around last week.

Too many hypocrites clapping one minute but disobeying the rules.

• Like 2

we've done it most times, but we often only remember as we're tucking into dinner. But we only moved into the new area a few months ago so it's been quite nice to see some of the neighbours, and from where our window is, we've realised that due to the layout of the estate, we're one of only a couple of house windows that can be seen from a garden where young kids come out to enjoy the clap and they wave over at us, so if nothing else I feel like I'd be disappointing them if we stopped. It'll be interesting to see if the originator's request to make this week's one the last makes it through. 

Cummings was doing quite well right until the point where he had to explain his castle sighting at which point I kinda automatically thought  of this sketch 

( obv I know he isn’t a politician etc ) 

Â