The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

49 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Good money on Vicky Ford standing up soon to gargle Johnson's bollocks, in the hope she's allowed to have a sniff of power from his trousers for a moment.

I was just saying to the missus I wonder at what point all the Tory MPs who sucked up to Johnson in the hope of a cabinet post will realise they've backed a loser and start backtracking? (My MP is one of them). 

• Like 1

Johnson's language tonight is shameful and dangerous. He is continually using the terms surrender, cowardice, betrayal all whilst facing a plaque in memory of Jo Cox a sad reminder of what such language of division can do.

We so need someone leading this country who can reunite it. We now have someone doing the opposite and creating further division in the hope of feeding off it and winning an election. I know we have Tory supporters and defenders on here but surely no one can defend this.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was just saying to the missus I wonder at what point all the Tory MPs who sucked up to Johnson in the hope of a cabinet post will realise they've backed a loser and start backtracking? (My MP is one of them). 

I'm not convinced they will.

I think they're stuck there now. For them, it may be do or die. One or two might cut and run (Mogg may well do if they come back with 'May + lipstick') but I don't think the others have anywhere to go.

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ford is one of those that will be fellating the PM until it's absolutely obviously certain that they're done and there's a clear replacement, at which point she'll siddle across and start asking the new boss what they like.

Johnson could, quite literally, tomorrow announce that he's now a full on revoke ardent Remainer and that was his government's sole purpose, and she'd be there, asking him if he agrees with her that Remaining is the clearly smart choice for the country and that the opposition are big poopy bumheads. She'd do it mid sentence if she had to. Wouldn't miss a beat. All it would take is a glance from the whips.

51 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Johnson's language tonight is shameful and dangerous. He is continually using the terms surrender, cowardice, betrayal all whilst facing a plaque in memory of Jo Cox a sad reminder of what such language of division can do.

We so need someone leading this country who can reunite it. We now have someone doing the opposite and creating further division in the hope of feeding off it and winning an election. I know we have Tory supporters and defenders on here but surely no one can defend this.

He just doesn't understand that his words that are designed to rile certain cretinous people up to vote for him are also riling some violent cretinous people up to send (and possibly act on) death threats to MPs. 

The fact he can stand there and basically imply that Jo Cox would have been on his side is as laughable as it is shameful. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

He just doesn't understand that his words that are designed to rile certain cretinous people up to vote for him are also riling some violent cretinous people up to send (and possibly act on) death threats to MPs. 

The fact he can stand there and basically imply that Jo Cox would have been on his side is as laughable as it is shameful. 

I was having a watch of question time but had to switch off when Johnson said the best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox was to get Brexit done. 

That was very very poor. 

• Like 1

Looks like Gove was spouting bollocks earlier:

Businesses deny Gove claims on no-deal preparation

UK firms present at a meeting with no-deal Brexit minister Michael Gove this week have denied his claim that industry told him it is "ready" for no-deal Brexit.

In the resumed Commons session, the chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster said: "The automotive sector, who I met this week, confirmed that they were ready, the retail sector said they were ready."

Three attendees at the relevant meeting in Coventry this week told the BBC this was not an accurate reflection of Monday's meeting with manufacturers.

"I was at the meeting. There's no way that is the message he could have gone away with," said one business leader.

... more about Gove on link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â