The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Stephen Bush:

'He knows, too, that criticism of him in the organs of the press that really matter will be couched in the language of “both sides”, and that ultimately, whether it works out for him, politically, there will always be close protection officers. It’ll always be someone else’s death threat, just as it is always somebody else’s restaurant, somebody else’s partner, somebody else’s child, and perhaps, if it goes wrong enough, somebody else’s country.'

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/09/boris-johnson-knows-exactly-what-hes-doing-when-he-talks-about-jo-cox-and

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Struggled to keep track last night but could anyone summarise what Boris said that was so bad even by his standards last night?

I did hear something about him dredging up Jo Cox's name.

'Surrender Act' over and over again, called the complaints of one of the MPs about language (with reference to death threats) 'humbug', and more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

While Liz Truss shows the governments contempt for the rule of law wherever it impinges on their ability to make profit for their mates by admitting that they continued to sell arms to the Saudi's for use in Yemen after a court declared it illegal. She's laughed off suggestions of her resignation and said they'll look into or something, y'know if they've got time.

• Sad 1

What is the solution?

Anyone with half a brain cell can see what a cancerous plague on us all these dangerously moronic individuals are, and yet - what will change?

Nothing unless it is forced to, I’m actually coming close to advocating for civil revolt, and if necessary, including the use of force. I just don’t see how change can be effected unless those in power are forced out of it.

I honestly think we’re at a tipping point in our history as a species, almost every facet of life is wrong now, capitalism, politics, celebrity, internet-anonymity - I cannot find a good word to say about any of it. 

Sure we can demonstrate, maybe even shut London down for a few days but it won’t achieve anything. It’s time for something new, and whilst I don’t advocate violence typically, if that’s the only solution then I’m prepared to back it for a better end for all.

Â