The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

While Liz Truss shows the governments contempt for the rule of law wherever it impinges on their ability to make profit for their mates by admitting that they continued to sell arms to the Saudi's for use in Yemen after a court declared it illegal. She's laughed off suggestions of her resignation and said they'll look into or something, y'know if they've got time.

As much as it irks me to defend Liz Truss, she wasn't in office when this happened, it's just been dumped on her to respond as the current incumbent of the post. She should resign for being as thick as a brick but not this

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

As much as it irks me to defend Liz Truss, she wasn't in office when this happened, it's just been dumped on her to respond as the current incumbent of the post. She should resign for being as thick as a brick but not this

I thought I heard her say that things have happened since she has been in post? That is that further breaches happened recently?

I must admit that, though I've been watching the rest of it, I was concentrating on the rugby when Truss was on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I thought I heard her say that things have happened since she has been in post? That is that further breaches happened recently?

I must admit that, though I've been watching the rest of it, I was concentrating on the rugby when Truss was on.

Sorry, I presumed she was talking about the radio parts and whatever it was that was announced a few weeks ago. I didn't realise it was a different order. Not actually watching it, that would be too obvious that I'm not working :D

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

While Liz Truss shows the governments contempt for the rule of law wherever it impinges on their ability to make profit for their mates by admitting that they continued to sell arms to the Saudi's for use in Yemen after a court declared it illegal. She's laughed off suggestions of her resignation and said they'll look into or something, y'know if they've got time.

We did this a few weeks ago  didn't we ?  , they weren't selling arms it was  a cooling fan and radio parts  ?    this time it was a device for detecting IED's ..I'm not really aware how this could be used as a weapon   .... what the Uk govt did do around about the same time was revoke a licence for radar parts as it was felt these could be used in Yemen

Do you have some evidence of which mates of the government are personally profiting from these deals , maybe a facebook friends page screenshot or something , or is this another tenuous at best link to May's husband ?

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What is the solution?

Anyone with half a brain cell can see what a cancerous plague on us all these dangerously moronic individuals are, and yet - what will change?

Nothing unless it is forced to, I’m actually coming close to advocating for civil revolt, and if necessary, including the use of force. I just don’t see how change can be effected unless those in power are forced out of it.

I honestly think we’re at a tipping point in our history as a species, almost every facet of life is wrong now, capitalism, politics, celebrity, internet-anonymity - I cannot find a good word to say about any of it. 

Sure we can demonstrate, maybe even shut London down for a few days but it won’t achieve anything. It’s time for something new, and whilst I don’t advocate violence typically, if that’s the only solution then I’m prepared to back it for a better end for all.

It's the idiots that voted for said politicians that need turning over.

Edited by Ingram85

Â