The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Barry the Gardener has called for Liz Truss to resign, that would be appropriate if she was in office at the time of the "accident." She wasn't, the licences were granted in June, she didn't take office until 24th July

For once it's not Truss' fault

I wonder if it’s something beyond just being a liar with Boris.

I mean, he is a liar, its just beyond dispute. But to claim there are no press, right in front of the cameras, well that’s beyond lying isn’t it. He’s simply in a different make believe world.

Every now and again he must wake from Borisland and see the real world and react really really badly. Like when neighbours had to call the police.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I mean, he is a liar, its just beyond dispute. But to claim there are no press, right in front of the cameras, well that’s beyond lying isn’t it. He’s simply in a different make believe world.

Every now and again he must wake from Borisland and see the real world and react really really badly. Like when neighbours had to call the police.

I think it's all an act. He's seen it works for his ridiculously haired transatlantic cousin. When the truth is inconvenient, deflect, deny, insult. 

He's not deluded. He's a liar who hopes that with enough repetition and confidence, we'll believe anything he says. 

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I wonder if a background of Eton and all that, the way the path for everything has always been made ready for him, the privelege and so on, together with the ambition, has not just led to  asense of such entitlement that in the vent things aren't as he would want them to be, he cannot accept that they are not that way. And that never having anyone say "no" to you doesn't lead to a feeling of "no consequences" for misdeeds and lies. Same with Trump. A life of guilded privelege doesn't lead, generally, to the same behaviours that other people learn and exhibit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I wonder if a background of Eton and all that, the way the path for everything has always been made ready for him, the privelege and so on, together with the ambition, has not just led to  asense of such entitlement that in the vent things aren't as he would want them to be, he cannot accept that they are not that way. And that never having anyone say "no" to you doesn't lead to a feeling of "no consequences" for misdeeds and lies. Same with Trump. A life of guilded privelege doesn't lead, generally, to the same behaviours that other people learn and exhibit.

It would appear that this sort of behaviour is somewhat ingrained. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I spent a lot of time thinking if I'd somehow missed something. The lie was so big and obvious it was just stunning to the point you question your own mind.

I was waiting for Boris to follow up with "why do you expect to see doctors, this isn't a hospital".

• Haha 2

Â