The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apparently Matt Hancocks first bush tucker trial is to skydive into the jungle without the correct PPE.

Well they just got one extra viewer!

Sunak has been quiet these last few days hasn’t he?

Usually when there’s some major story about one of his ministers the PM is tracked down and forced to answer some questions. Nothing from him at all on this story really since he appointed her.

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Of course, the bitter irony is that as a country we put up obstacles to *prevent* that integration. We force asylum seekers to get by on a pittance and ban them from working. In many countries, pending asylum seekers are given short term permits to allow to work, and pay taxes. We ban it, and essentially give them the choice between trying to survive in poverty or turning to crime.

So knowing this why do they come here fully aware we are going to force them into a life of poverty or crime and not go to these other countries who allow them to work and pay taxes on short term permits as you have pointed out? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

So knowing this why do they come here fully aware we are going to force them into a life of poverty or crime

Are they? Why are you making this assumption? Do you have any evidence for the claim? Do you know the smuggling gangs have fully informed them of the situation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are they? Why are you making this assumption? Do you have any evidence for the claim? Do you know the smuggling gangs have fully informed them of the situation?

They must know something to bypass many other countries. 

It's a good story though from @Davkaus

Let's give them all short term permits to work straight away, even though they cannot speak the language,  have no idea of the culture, guess they would be great operating machinery. 

If we roll out the red carpet like some want, we would get many more over on dingies, drowning and getting killed. Is this what you guys want.

Anyone of you care that much that you have given money to a charity that helps them, didn't think so.....

• Like 1

I don’t mind immigration that’s going to benefit the country, in terms of working and filling up job vacancies that are struggling to be filled up. Don’t mind immigrants being trained in a trade or skill. We can’t have all the good uns I know, and there’s going to be a lot that’s not helping the country one bit . 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They must know something to bypass many other countries. 

It's a good story though from @Davkaus

Let's give them all short term permits to work straight away, even though they cannot speak the language,  have no idea of the culture, guess they would be great operating machinery. 

If we roll out the red carpet like some want, we would get many more over on dingies, drowning and getting killed. Is this what you guys want.

Anyone of you care that much that you have given money to a charity that helps them, didn't think so.....

This is has parallels to Australia. There was a repeated problem of boats making attempts to cross from Indonesia to Australia and regularly not making the journey with thousands dying in the process. It’s a massive coastline and a treacherous sea. It’s very easy for a fishing trawler type boat to try and make the journey carrying people in the hull but get into trouble on route and sink before help can arrive. 

Once the government changed its rules to make it impossible for a person to receive asylum in Australia they arrived by unknown boat the attempted journeys stopped and so did all the deaths. It’s now a bipartisan approach from both major parties. 

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Here we go again. :crylaugh:

Cause you have all the facts I'm sure! 

You have avoided talking about a huge percentage of asylum seekers who have no interest in going through the system and just disappear into the country somewhere, these are mostly the ones who live off crime, they come here for it. It's known around most of eastern Europe the UK are known to be easy pickings, due to our lifestyle and laws, you need to know some and speak to them to get facts.

In the end its a complex topic, I'm sure we share that fact. There are no real factual answers what they are 'all' coming here for. But if you think it's all to make a new life for there families, learn the language, get a 9-5  and intergrate into UK communities, you are far more naive than your posts suggest.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Cause you have all the facts I'm sure! 

You have avoided talking about a huge percentage of asylum seekers who have no interest in going through the system and just disappear into the country somewhere, these are mostly the ones who live off crime, they come here for it. It's known around most of eastern Europe the UK are known to be easy pickings, due to our lifestyle and laws, you need to know some and speak to them to get facts.

In the end its a complex topic, I'm sure we share that fact. There are no real factual answers what they are 'all' coming here for. But if you think it's all to make a new life for there families, learn the language, get a 9-5  and intergrate into UK communities, you are far more naive than your posts suggest.

All this post does is demonstrate that you have no idea of what an asylum seeker is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

All this post does is demonstrate that you have no idea of what an asylum seeker is.

"An asylum seeker is a person who has left their country and is seeking protection from persecution and serious human rights violations in another country, but who hasn't yet been legally recognized as a refugee and is waiting to receive a decision on their asylum claim. Seeking asylum is a human right".

I know what a asylum seeker is, I just don't know why people put them all in the same category as oppressed individuals seeking a new life in Britain. It's not fact, an it's not true!

A debate/argument on immigration is always going to cause massive disagreements on here. It is an emotive subject. However, I don't think its racist/gammon/c*ntish/etc to be concerned about immigration, and the fact 40,000 people, which is bigger than the population of Lichfield, have landed on Kent beaches in rubber dinghies, just this year alone. That is **** madness. 

We need a slicker process for when they get here, so the ones approved can start contributing (hopefully) to society and the ones rejected, can be removed swiftly. During that process everyone needs to be treated with respect. There seems to have been a huge rise in Albanian migrants this year. So much so, it could be up to 2% of the entire male population of the country. Again, that is mental, and extremely concerning IMO

https://news.sky.com/story/exponential-rise-in-albanian-migrants-crossing-the-channel-this-year-mps-told-12730745

Dan O'Mahoney - the Home Office's clandestine Channel threat commander - also noted that there was a surge in illegal migration from Albania.

He said the influx of people arriving on UK shores was "50 - 50 an asylum problem and an illegal migration problem" - saying there had been a "very significant increase" in adult single men arriving from Albania.

He told MPs: "Two years ago, 50 Albanians arrived in the UK in small boats, last year it was 800 and this year so far it's been 12,000 of which about 10,000 are single adult men. So the rise has been exponential."

He said. "There is a huge amount of very harmful serious and organised criminality in the UK committed by Albanian criminal gangs.

"Whatever serious criminality you can think of, there are Albanian criminal gangs who are dominating: Drug smuggling, human trafficking, guns, prostitution."

He added: "A lot of the Albanian migrants we see at the moment are coming into the UK in small boats because it's a very successful way of getting here. Some of course need our help but the asylum grant rate for single Albanian men is quite low.

"Typically they may choose not to claim asylum, they will get put in a hotel for a few days and then disappear.

I understand peoples concern about it, especially the fact that around 75%-80% of people landing on the beaches are males between 18-39. On the other side, I'm also not against immigration, as it is beneficial, but we need to know who is coming in to the country. There needs to be a better/quicker process to apply for asylum.

It is a massively complex issue. I think we can all agree that the current system is broken. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

"An asylum seeker is a person who has left their country and is seeking protection from persecution and serious human rights violations in another country, but who hasn't yet been legally recognized as a refugee and is waiting to receive a decision on their asylum claim. Seeking asylum is a human right".

I know what a asylum seeker is, I just don't know why people put them all in the same category as oppressed individuals seeking a new life in Britain. It's not fact, an it's not true!

You put them in the same category as people who have no interest in going through the system and disappear into the country to live off crime. The people who want to avoid the system and live off crime are illegal immigrants. By your own definition an asylum seeker is awaiting a decision and are therefore inside the system. They cannot be both inside the system and avoiding it. That you are conflating the two suggests you are either unable to tell the difference or are deliberately using inflammatory and inaccurate language to strengthen your argument. 

• Like 2

Â