The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

we are a country on it's knees, people going to food banks, living on the streets, I can see why the immigration debate gets out of hand.

A tiny percentage of this country being on its knees is a result of the money we spend on asylum seekers. The government love that people think like this though as if people are pointing the finger at some brown person invading the south coast they aren't pointing the finger where it should be for the huge increase in food banks/homelessness/working poor/children growing up in poverty/dire state of public services - which is 99.99% the fault of 12 years of Tory government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that most people are clearings in the woods.

Beginning? I finished that journey years ago. 

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A tiny percentage of this country being on its knees is a result of the money we spend on asylum seekers. The government love that people think like this though as if people are pointing the finger at some brown person invading the south coast they aren't pointing the finger where it should be for the huge increase in food banks/homelessness/working poor/children growing up in poverty/dire state of public services - which is 99.99% the fault of 12 years of Tory government.

It's not just the money though is it, we can't seem to look after the people already here, never mind the 20k coming in every month. 

It’s weird that 2 of the big challenges this country faces currently is 1) high job vacancies with a shortage of workers and 2) and influx of mainly working age men and women who want to live here.

Trying to think of what could be done… 🤔 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not just the money though is it, we can't seem to look after the people already here, never mind the 20k coming in every month. 

We have plenty in this country to go around. If it’s not getting to the people that need it that’s because the government are incapable or unwilling to engage in proper wealth distribution.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We could. We choose not to. And we keep voting for the same party to continue this. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s weird that 2 of the big challenges this country faces currently is 1) high job vacancies with a shortage of workers and 2) and influx of mainly working age men and women who want to live here.

Trying to think of what could be done… 🤔 

Bit idealistic to think they are all coming here to work, but lets believe it so we can spread the love.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit idealistic to think they are all coming here to work, but lets believe it so we can spread the love.

I doubt every one is coming to work, but it still feels like an opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I didn't say it would get worse did I?

You think we’d have the same issue regardless of who was in charge?

It’s just a coincidence we have a bunch of braindead, corrupt, self serving word removed in control whilst this crisis unfolds.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I doubt every one is coming to work, but it still feels like an opportunity. 

It's definitely an opportunity yeah, it's what opportunity it's for that worries me.

I would love to see the figures how many actually take advantage of the 'opportunity' and intergrate into the system, working a 9-5 . I don't see many making it work who come over illegally on a dingy.

Â