The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's not really. Imagine the constitutional cluster-pork which ensues if a plane containing both the outgoing and incoming Prime Minister goes down?

It's completely sensible. 

Queen takes over if that happens. Would be preferable. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Of course she doesn't, we have a deputy PM. Can't recall who it is right now.

Oh - BBC had my hopes up saying in period between Bozza going and Truss being appointed that Queen Liz is in charge. I guess that doesn't apply once she's appointed Truss. Pity.

Also Oh shit - dep PM is Therese Coffee 

Edited by Jareth

57 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's not really. Imagine the constitutional cluster-pork which ensues if a plane containing both the outgoing and incoming Prime Minister goes down?

Surely the issue is more that maybe, just maybe, they could have used some other form of transport rather than taking two private flights.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely the issue is more that maybe, just maybe, they could have used some other form of transport rather than taking two private flights.

I believe that in the future there will be technologies where we will be able to see each other and communicate with each other without even being in the same room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Tell me again as that sounds good

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The Joe Lycett cancelling goes on.

I particularly enjoyed the attack on Lineker. "He's a great pundit, I care about what he thinks about football, I don't care what he has to say about water quality", says man who has printed out Lineker's tweets about water quality. It's funny looking at examples of when Tories do and don't believe in free speech. 

I'm not sure anyone except for disingenuous shitheads have ever used the argument along the lines of "they should stop talking about a thing I disagree with them on and focus on their job!!!"

So these big meetings discussing famous people saying things that are true, but not desirable to Tories are a thing?

The right to protest is all but gone. Now the right to an opinion is in the sights.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

oh-dear-how-sad-never-mind.jpg

• Haha 3

Should have supported Luz Truss, could have been awarded a position in the the cabinet, some right randoms going in number 10 today. No worries on energy bills, everything subsidised, nice flat in London, free fuel. Living the dream just by doing a bit of Paper work and going to the office, now and again.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

So these big meetings discussing famous people saying things that are true, but not desirable to Tories are a thing?

The right to protest is all but gone. Now the right to an opinion is in the sights.

Yeah they even have a problem with someone who appears on the BBC once a week sharing opinions from his own personal Twitter account.

42 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah they even have a problem with someone who appears on the BBC once a week sharing opinions from his own personal Twitter account.

They have a real problem with anyone who isn’t a politician “playing politics” don’t they. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

I think i heard someone describe Liz Truss in the most amazing way possible the other day. Can't remember who it was though.

'Isn't that the one that looks like she would get lost in her own house?'

Well she did get lost in a small room the other week. 

I love the two people in white shirts (guessing event staff) who crease up with laughter at the end of the video. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â