The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Tories have been torn apart here. 

Edit: I assumed it was the quotes from the chancellor as SKS had a hard copy and left it for the PM. Twitter reckons it relates to the queen.

Edited by Genie

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Starmer is now quoting the chancellor who said it would take over a decade to get shale gas and it wouldn’t lower the price.

Also a quote from him that increasing north sea gas output would have no impact on global prices.

There seems to be an assumption that North Sea crude is 'our' crude and that therefor we could have exclusive access to it, at a price we would prefer.

Obviously not true but obviously useful for someone's particular political agenda.

Watched the debate, I actually found Truss quite honest and without any pomp or bluster - dare I say she's not entirely unlikeable. The only flaw though, as pointed out repeatedly by Starmer, is that she's not very bright. 

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Watched the debate, I actually found Truss quite honest and without any pomp or bluster - dare I say she's not entirely unlikeable. The only flaw though, as pointed out repeatedly by Starmer, is that she's not very bright. 

Are you booked in for a Blue Rinse on pensioners discount day in Nerys' Hair Salon? ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

After her initial announcement it was one way traffic from everyone highlighting what a terrible idea it was, and the opposition landed several big hits about the mess being of the conservatives own making.

Starmer rammed several damaging quotes from the chancellor back down his own throat to which they had no response.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

After her initial announcement it was one way traffic from everyone highlighting what a terrible idea it was, and the opposition landed several big hits about the mess being of the conservatives own making.

Starmer rammed several damaging quotes from the chancellor back down his own throat to which they had no response.

no reponse and now they will never be picked up due to the queen

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yeah I was taken aback at how quickly the energy plan was dismantled by Starmer - it appears that whoever put it together hadn't thought particularly hard about what the opposition might say. Labour has suddenly been given shape and form when before it was shapeless and vague - Truss is the best thing to happen to Labour in a long time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, phily85 said:

no reponse and now they will never be picked up due to the queen

On the other hand, the massive thing that was going to introduce Prime Minsister Truss to a large part of the nation who have never even heard of her before, and was inevitably going to give her a massive poll boost is now not going to be talked about for the next two weeks.

A bad day to bury good news. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah I was taken aback at how quickly the energy plan was dismantled by Starmer - it appears that whoever put it together hadn't thought particularly hard about what the opposition might say. Labour has suddenly been given shape and form when before it was shapeless and vague - Truss is the best thing to happen to Labour in a long time. 

Labour couldn't really say anything until it was announced for exactly this reason.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Oh dear the wheels are falling off already , disgraceful.

"Liz Truss reveals campaign donation of £100,000 from wife of ex-BP executive"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/08/liz-truss-reveals-campaign-donations-including-100k-from-wife-of-ex-bp-exec

She worked for Shell for 4 years when she left Uni

• Sad 1

Â