Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Damage has already been done. Contrary to the general doom and gloom on here I think we'll probably do quite well in the Championship though.

Of course on paper we're not gone yet but there really is no saving this bunch of spineless words removed.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

It's time we all woke up and started being realistic.Chairman owner no longer wants to be here, we have scrapped along last few seasons just. We sold 2 players in the summer and re invested the money in other players that are struggling. Were now risking an unknown manager in keeping us safe, but to be fair to him the damage has been done over the last few seasons.

we will go down but the concern is what happens then! Until things change at the top sadly the decline of this once great club will continue. 

• Like 1

This will be the most important January window in the history of January windows for Villa.

If Lerner spends big, and he has to, we might have a decent chance at survival.

If he doesn't, we're down.

The break actually hurt us, I think, cuz it slowed any momentum gained from the Man City result.

Problems all over the place with this team, and only new and better players will fix them. 

I think we'll also learn a lot about Garde next week. 

I think if were adrift before January hits we need to start preparing for the championship next season

Sod bringing in Austin for 6 months if were already 10 - 15 points adrift we may as well sign some experienced players get them bedded in the earlier the better so we can come back up at the first time of asking

Oh and i think we have to sign some leaders because you have to be a man to play in that division unlike some of the bedwetters we currently have

Edited by AshVilla

46 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

It's time we all woke up and started being realistic.Chairman owner no longer wants to be here, we have scrapped along last few seasons just. We sold 2 players in the summer and re invested the money in other players that are struggling. Were now risking an unknown manager in keeping us safe, but to be fair to him the damage has been done over the last few seasons.

we will go down but the concern is what happens then! Until things change at the top sadly the decline of this once great club will continue. 

I'm sorry but Garde is not "unknown" in the slightest and he's just as much of a risk as basically anyone else we could've attracted to the job.

As I've been saying for weeks squad isn't good enough. We aren't good enough in final third, we are useless in midfield against teams that play quick 1-2s and we can't handle decent strikers.

Even if the survival mark was 25 points I wouldn't fancy us.

We need a good striker, left back, centre half and another central midfield in the January transfer window. Anyone think we're going to get them

• Like 2

Results have gone our way today. A win against Watford next week, and we can't be any worse off hopefully we will close the gap. However, with Arsenal and Southampton after that, Watford really is a must-win (and a must score!).

If we can win it, even with a defeat and a draw against Arsenal and Saints and we have chance going into what are hopefully our winnable games beginning at Newcastle.

If we carry on as we are, we will be too far adrift by January.

Very de-moralised today. A defeat isn't shocking, but the manner of it erodes major confidence that was already fragile even if after the draw time.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I know we're shit, but I don't think we can get relegated twice in one season.

Coventry are looking good for promotion and Walsall might make it too.

Playing Walsall in a league fixture home and away will pretty much sum up how far we've fallen over the last 5 years.

• Like 1

Sorry but my point is point is the damage is already done.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm sorry but Garde is not "unknown" in the slightest and he's just as much of a risk as basically anyone else we could've attracted to the job.

I disagree 2 good seasons in French football arriving at a club the state we are in IS A Massive gamble!

• Like 1

To my mind, it's not so much that Garde is "unknown", rather that he doesn't know that much about our squad and the premier league. So he was caught out today by trying tactics that played to Everton's strengths and our weaknesses (relying on solid defence, which we don't have).

I suppose looking at it a bit more positively....Norwich got Arsenal next week so hopefully Arsenal will wake up and beat them.

Newcastle's next three before they play us are Palace and Spurs away and Liverpool at home.

You'd probably have to include Swansea now. Their next three are Liverpool and Man. City away and Leicester at home.

If we're still 5-6 points adrift after Newcastle away I just can't see how you could spin it that we'd stay up.

55 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Sorry but my point is point is the damage is already done.

I disagree 2 good seasons in French football arriving at a club the state we are in IS A Massive gamble!

No more of a gamble than anyone else we could've gotten.

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Coventry are looking good for promotion and Walsall might make it too.

Playing Walsall in a league fixture home and away will pretty much sum up how far we've fallen over the last 5 years.

Surely us playing in the Championship sums up "how far we've fallen" more than anything else?

Â