Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Anyone pining their hopes on a transfer window in January is deluded.  Will be so far adrift by then it won't be worth it even if leaner was inclined to spend anyway. Relegated with record low points

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Anyone pining their hopes on a transfer window in January is deluded.  Will be so far adrift by then it won't be worth it even if leaner was inclined to spend anyway. Relegated with record low points

So you think we won't get 7 more points between now and the end of the season? I'm sorry but that's absurd. There's being realistic (we're unlikely to stay up obviously) and then there's just being unrealistically negative.

It is remarkable that we are on only 5 points after 13 games and still only 5 points from safety. That tells you there is some real crap in this league and if we could just get to a half decent level we can stay up.

Watford next week is a must win it is as simple as that. If we don't I will lose the belief that we can stay up.

Edited by markavfc40

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So you think we won't get 7 more points between now and the end of the season? I'm sorry but that's absurd. There's being realistic (we're unlikely to stay up obviously) and then there's just being unrealistically negative.

I seriously doubt this shower of shit football club will get another 7 points

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I seriously doubt this shower of shit football club will get another 7 points

That is genuinely one of the most absurd things I've seen posted on here. Yes we're terrible and yes we'll probably go down but you only have to look back at the history of the PL to see that even crap teams almost always gets a lot more than 11 points.

I wasn't even sure that it was possible to be hyperbolic about how bad we've been this season but it looks like it is after all!

Edited by Mantis

Luckily other teams down there have tough runs to xmas aswell.

Swansea got to play Liverpool and Man. City away and Leicester at home next three games.

Newcastle, bad defeat today and next week are away to Palace where Pardew will be desperate to beat them. They also have Liverpool at home and Spurs away before they play us.

If we're still 5-6 points behind likes of Newcastle and Norwich going into New year we won't have a prayer.

Either positive people like Mark are starting to get resigned to our fate now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

That is genuinely one of the most absurd things I've seen posted on here. Yes we're terrible and yes we'll probably go down but you only have to look back at the history of the PL to see that even crap teams almost always gets a lot more than 11 points.

We are worse than crap

7 hours ago, KSV said:

yeah im defeated too. No chance now. New manager bounce gone already. Players look woeful. Be out of touch my January to make a difference. Noone will want to join anyway.

I'll take Craig Noone if we can get him, but can we attract a player of that caliber?

Edited by JamieZ

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Luckily other teams down there have tough runs to xmas aswell.

Swansea got to play Liverpool and Man. City away and Leicester at home next three games.

Newcastle, bad defeat today and next week are away to Palace where Pardew will be desperate to beat them. They also have Liverpool at home and Spurs away before they play us.

If we're still 5-6 points behind likes of Newcastle and Norwich going into New year we won't have a prayer.

Either positive people like Mark are starting to get resigned to our fate now.

I got to be honest mate I was convinced we had a decent group of players that just needed time to settle and even with Sherwood here I believed that to be the main issue. That may well still be the case but the facts are they look no more up to the pace of the Premier League today that than did back in August. In fact they have gradually over time gone backwards which worryingly suggests that the weight of being in deep shit weighs far to heavy on their shoulders and they may have ability but don't have the balls and/or the temperament for a battle.

It sounds crazy to suggest that the 14th game of the season will determine whether or not I think we will have a chance of staying up but this run without a win has to end now and if we can't beat Watford at home when we are in dire straights and already five points from  safety then we may as well throw in the towel. These players need a win to give them something to build on and some belief and confidence as they look shot.

Edited by markavfc40

Let's be honest, before the city game most of us expected a city win, a draw at Everton and a win at Watford. We got an unexpected draw and then lost today, yeah it was shit but if we win next week then we got the points we all wanted.

I'm concerned that if we do lose against Watford then our confidence and form will be so bad that we won't look back on our way down. We don't need draws to 'stop the rot', we need a win, a win will mean so much to the players confidence wise. But they really need to put up more of a fight.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Having watched Watford today they might be shaky at the back but they'll steam roll us with their work ethic and commitment.

There was a time when some would turn their noses up at someone like Troy Deeney. He'd walk into our team now.

Deeney, Steven Davis, Marc albrighton, Jamie Vardy and a few others. How the quality of player we see in a villa shirt has dropped in such a short amount of time. 

Â