Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

The fact of the matter is you have to be truly awful to go down from this league. You look at how bad we've been for years now and have still survived.

This year is the strongest possibily of that happening, losing 9 of 11 given the fixtures we've had is attrocious. Especially as the 'harder' games we usually write off against the likes of Utd, Chelsea were more winnable this season than ever before given how bang average these sides have been. Yes we have a lot of poor players but I stand by the notion had the team been properly managed instead of being alienated by a clueless regime we'd be comfortably mid table now.

We've still got time, there is hope. Garde is getting a very good write-up by a lot the french guys in the game who know him, and he comes across well. Official unveiling today, I look forward to it, just hope we can hit the ground running.

We have never started this badly when we have survived in previous seasons, and we have only just survived by the skin of our teeth. I'd be amazed if we have 10 points by January and even more amazed if we get 30 points for the entire season

I say 10 wins as in last few seasons 38 points has always seemed to be the number we confirm safety on, it certainly was last season and I think aswell in one of the Lambert seasons.

I say 10 wins as if we only win 9 that leaves us on 31 points so we'd have to draw a fair number of games on top of that and not draw too many.

I think it will be a tall order personally but the first few games of Garde will give us a good indication of whether the squad is up to it, I fear not.

Nobody is legislating either for one of the teams at the end of the season going on a mad run. That was us in 12/13, Wigan the previous season, Sunderland in 13/14 and Leciester and Sunderland last season.

Let's hope it's us.

You do know that drawing a game in the league gives one point right? We could draw 20 games and win 4 to add 32 points to our total.... Obvisouly not going to happen but you know we don't have to win a third of our game to stay up, it would be great, but it isn't strictly speaking necessary.

I say 10 wins as in last few seasons 38 points has always seemed to be the number we confirm safety on, it certainly was last season and I think aswell in one of the Lambert seasons.

I say 10 wins as if we only win 9 that leaves us on 31 points so we'd have to draw a fair number of games on top of that and not draw too many.

I think it will be a tall order personally but the first few games of Garde will give us a good indication of whether the squad is up to it, I fear not.

Nobody is legislating either for one of the teams at the end of the season going on a mad run. That was us in 12/13, Wigan the previous season, Sunderland in 13/14 and Leciester and Sunderland last season.

Let's hope it's us.

You do know that drawing a game in the league gives one point right? We could draw 20 games and win 4 to add 32 points to our total.... Obvisouly not going to happen but you know we don't have to win a third of our game to stay up, it would be great, but it isn't strictly speaking necessary.

Ha a ratio of 4 wins, 20 draws and 3 defeats for the rest of the season and Remi changes his surname to McLeish in honour of the master.

I deal in realism though. We need to start winning games soon and fast so would rather not get in the habit of drawing games particularly the winnable ones over xmas.

As I've said we've now got the hardest of all the teams to stay up, in previous seasons it's been different as we've usually had a points buffer, last two seasons have been good examples of this.

It will be tough especially if Remi dosen't pick up a win early on. And to spin it another way teams like Bournemouth and Norwich probably only need to win another 7-8 wins to be alright so we're in a bit of trouble if either go on a Leicester type run although I doubt it, both will be down there with us all season.

Yeah it obviously needs a turnaround in form, or we'll finish the season on 12 points. I was just pointing out that we get points for draws too, we could win 6 and draw 9, instead of the 9 wins you are talking about. Saying that we've lost loads of games by one goal, being better organised, and only being better organised could have turned at least half of those games into draws and not losses. We wouldn't be bottom of the table then. Probably wouldn't be in the bottom 3.

• Like 2

Yeah it obviously needs a turnaround in form, or we'll finish the season on 12 points. I was just pointing out that we get points for draws too, we could win 6 and draw 9, instead of the 9 wins you are talking about. Saying that we've lost loads of games by one goal, being better organised, and only being better organised could have turned at least half of those games into draws and not losses. We wouldn't be bottom of the table then. Probably wouldn't be in the bottom 3.

I may be missing something here, but wouldn't that give us 27 points to add to our current 4, giving us a meagre total of 31?

• Like 1

Yes, but I think it's pretty obvious the point he was making

That we'll get relegated???

:rolleyes:

No. That staying up doesn't necessarily require 10 wins.

But it would be a petty freakish set of results that got us the points we need without 9 wins or fairly near that. Say we need as a bare minimum 32  more points to survive. We could achieve this on a spectrum from 10 wins/2 draws/15 losses stretching to 3 wins/23 draws/1 loss. 6 wins, as romavillan was championing, would require 14 draws (not 9 as he was confusingly suggesting) and 7 losses. I reckon W6 D14 L7 for the rest of the season would be pretty freakish, as indeed would be the next one down, W7 D11 L9. Certainly not something the manager should be planning for

Eight wins MINIMUM for me.

When sir Edmund Hilary climbed Everest.....had he looked up to the summit, before he started out,he would never of made it.

we need to concentrate all our efforts on ONE game at a time and win it.

• Like 1

When sir Edmund Hilary climbed Everest.....had he looked up to the summit, before he started out,he would never of made it.

we need to concentrate all our efforts on ONE game at a time and win it.

Yes, this is the only way.

Can we start next week though? City seems a bit OTT.

Us not being relegated in 5 years of battling relegation is pretty strange. It's even stranger when I remember all the people and posters over the years who have been confident that we were getting relegated each season.

Doesn't really matter if Garde keeps us up or not, what matters is that he turns us into a team with an identity. Even if we go down, which is quite possible, if Garde can get us playing, we have more than enough resources to come back up. Even without Garde we could buy our way out of the championship, Randy would have no choice but to make that happen.

Â