Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

24% of the season completed.

38 points to survive, 4 points on the board, 34 more points required.

29 games left to play, so needing 1.2 points per game, which is 6 points every 5 games.

So we need 2 wins every 5 games. or 1 win, 3 draws, 1 loss every 5 games.

Leicester had 13 points at half way last season and stayed up, even Palace only had 16

They had a manager and a set of players with a set of bollocks though.

Not some clown who looks like he going to blub his eyes out in the post match press conference.

29 games left to play, so needing 1.2 points per game, which is 6 points every 5 games.

We still have to play Manure away/home Arsenal away/home Citeh away/home

That's 6 fixtures you can scratch off

Still also got Liverpool home Spurs away/home Southampton away/home

Going to be tough

Leicester had 13 points at half way last season and stayed up, even Palace only had 16

They had a manager and a set of players with a set of bollocks though.

Not some clown who looks like he going to blub his eyes out in the post match press conference.

Nigel Pearson interviews are a mix of Tim Sherwood and the Yorkshire Ripper

Luckily there are plenty of games to sort out this bad start. I think we have the players to do it if we can play with a consistent side. A win on Saturday and we'll be in touching distance of several clubs, including Swansea. I still think Sherwood deserves some time personally as he kept us up and took us to the final when we looked absolutely doomed. It's going to take time with a new side but we are seeing glimpses of what the individual players are capable of - they just have to improve as a team.  

What glimpses? Sherwood has already said that he is going to continue to chop and change the side and system until we win a game so we won't be getting a consistent side anytime soon. How many points will we be cut adrift by when Sherwood doesn't deserve anymore time?

Glimpes like Leicester away where we were excellent for most of the game, I thought some of our play v Chelsea and Liverpool was decent and we should never have lost v Palace. We're not getting destroyed by teams, we are not far off. We need a bit of luck and to stop the give away goals.

Going to be tough

We've already played Man Utd at home

• Like 1

Going to be tough

We've already played Man Utd at home

My bad :D 

Couldn't care less about Lerners cash if he wanted to protect his investment he should have given more money out the last few years but he has failed miserably 

If Lerner wants to get us back on side he needs to pull out all the stops and get moyes in and give him at least 15-20m to spend in January with no interference from fox or that other guy from arsenal we brought in.

I think we'll spend in January. I believe there's money left in this season's budget.

People assume Sherwood spent every penny available to him in the summer. I'm not sure that's true.

Combine that with our impending relegation and Lerner will spend.

Of all the bloody seasons to again be in a relegation scrap. This season is vital, and as it stands I think we will go down.

Bringing in a competent Manager asp, and giving him a decent amount to spend in January could again see us scrap home but the clock is ticking.

Over to you Randy/Tom.

I think we'll spend in January. I believe there's money left in this season's budget.

People assume Sherwood spent every penny available to him in the summer. I'm not sure that's true.

Combine that with our impending relegation and Lerner will spend.

Any half decent Manager coming into the club will demand money to spend in January. So as long as they pull the plug on Tim before Xmas, I'd agree, money will be made available.

I suppose the question is whether or not the board, at the 5th time of asking, can/will appoint that half decent Manager.

I'm not sure how many well-respected, experienced managers will want to work for Randy. We've battled relegation for the last 5 years, with relatively low net spends each summer during that time and cut the wage bill. Couple that with the fact managers will know he wants to sell the club, and I think we need Tom Fox to deliver the sales pitch of his life to get someone in with a much better pedigree than Gobby Sherwood.

I'm not sure how many well-respected, experienced managers will want to work for Randy. We've battled relegation for the last 5 years, with relatively low net spends each summer during that time and cut the wage bill. Couple that with the fact managers will know he wants to sell the club, and I think we need Tom Fox to deliver the sales pitch of his life to get someone in with a much better pedigree than Gobby Sherwood.

I still think we would be an attractive proposition for someone. Money will be promised in January, so any confident Manager will have the self belief that he can turn things around, whilst also having the safety net of 'the damage was already done' line should he be unsuccessful.

The club being a shambles is ready made excuse for failure.

We're destined to go down under Timmy's stewardship - however, who knows if a new manager with an ounce of tactical awareness comes in?

'All' we need is 11 wins and 3 draws to hit the 40 point mark with 28 games remaining.

It is extremely doable (but so is relegation!)

Â