Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Why is Ratings and Reaction thread effectively locked?

Probably for the best, anyway!

It is really amazing that we play a big target man upfront, have wingers with pace, and yet never seem to actually put in a decent cross for him to try to latch onto. Most of the play was up the middle, which would have been great the last 4 years, but not this one. The manager has almost singlehandedly put us in this hole coming into today, and didn't really do much to correct it. Case in point not playing to Gestede's strength. 

The team did play better on the whole, and it might have been enough to save the manager's skin until next week. 

But what we need is a new manager bounce to try to see us through these really hard fixtures coming up. Just cannot see Sherwood righting the ship. The damage has been done.

Also, seeing Wilkins yuk it up with Mourinho after we conceded the first goal isn't really conveying the right message to the Villa players ion the bench is it?

Jokers, him and Sherwood.

• Like 1

To have any hope of avoiding relegation this season we must and I mean must beat teams like Swansea next Saturday,they are a very tidy team who play the game the right way with no enforcer's which should suit us. They have been poor away this season and anything but 3 points will indicate that relegation here we come,only hope a new Manager.

Bournemouth will struggle without the likes of Wilson, Gradel and Mings but you would expect them to buy replacements in January. Therefore, we need to get as far ahead of them as possible by then. I'm not sure Sam can work a miracle at Sunderland so we need to stay ahead of them too. A new manager would give us more chance of that. 

With West Brom winning today it's scary how much of a gap is already opening up between the bottom three and the rest.

Normally at this stage of the season there's 6-7 teams who are struggling to win but at the moment the bottom 3 are 4 points adrift.

Already to me it's looking like 3/5 out of us, NE club, Bournemouth and imo Norwich will start slipping down the league despite their good start. Difficult to see who else will get dragged down as they all pick up points and can grind out wins which we simply can't.

We're not good enough going forward either which isn't helping, will have to panic buy a forward in January.

I'd be happy with a draw between Newcastle and Norwich

How pathetic it is to have a keen interest in bottom of the table results in OCTOBER.

Edited by maqroll

We are going down. Been coming for years 

Yep. Check has been in the mail for years. I don't even really care. In fact, if I try to view it as a football fan and not as a Villa fan, us, Sunderland and Newcastle are the three teams that should go down. Ashley, Short, Lerner. The three worst owners in the league, all happy to finish 17th every year. Relegation couldn't happen to a more deserving trio. 

• Like 4

Unfortunately Richard I agree with you. Like we saw with Wigan, you can only flirt with the drop so many times before it eventually catches you.

A season in the Championship would be awful for us imo, every side really up for playing us because we're the big club in the division, 2 games a week, the pressure of being favourites to win the title, id be biting my fingernails all year!

Edited by Woody1000

I know it felt inevitable last season before Lambert got the arse, but I just don't see a way out at all this season. It's hard to see where the next win is coming from and we're already 4 points back from 17th.

I hope Randy loses a **** truckload of money on us. You can't just ignore the need for genuine investment every single year and hope everything will be okay.

I have relegation fatigue. I'm finding it really hard to watch the Villa this year after the Sherwood false dawn. We're shitter than ever. I can't find 3 teams that are worse than us. I'm just sick of this same shit every year but it will absolutely kill me to see us go down.

we have 31 games left.

We need 11 wins and 3 draws to reach the 40 point mark, which is achievable.

however, we stand a better chance of achieving this without Sherwood in charge Imo.

its far from over, the fat lady hasn't started to warm up yet but under the current tactical regime it doesn't look promising.

the club know that next season will be the most profitable in the leagues history and will not risk losing that by giving Sherwood much more time (in my opinion!)

Unfortunately Richard I agree with you. Like we saw with Wigan, you can only flirt with the drop so many times before it eventually catches you.

A season in the Championship would be awful for us imo, every side really up for playing us because we're the big club in the division, 2 games a week, the pressure of being favourites to win the title, id be biting my fingernails all year!

I don't think we would be there just a season. Seen lots of people saying we'd win more and come back stronger. No chance we'd be there a few years 

I don't think we would be there just a season. Seen lots of people saying we'd win more and come back stronger. No chance we'd be there a few years 

Agreed. Our squad is the polar opposite of what is required to compete in the championship. It would be lambs to the slaughter, no, the championship is not an option.

We need to stay up, especially with the upcoming TV deal. If we went down we would be down for a good few years IMO.

In order to do that we need, A new Manager, a striker, a Center half and a GK. Now I simply can not see Sherwood lasting the month, so that's one down. But sadly I can't see Lerner providing the funds for quality additions in January. 

I'd be staggered if we survive this season.

I think we are done for as well. The players haven't gelled properly and Sherwood hasn't got a clue. So far out of his depth. 

Sadly I think the board will stick with him, which will see us go down. They don't have what it takes to appoint a decent manager - a severe lack of knowledge of the game. A crying shame really. 

Edited by Tayls

Â