Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Honestly I think I've reached the point where I kind of want to get relegated. The last 5 years have made me start to hate this club and hate football. I no longer watch MOTD or champions league football, I'll rarely be bothered about watching other live games or follow what's happening. 

I want to get back to enjoying the sport and supporting this club. Part of me thinks relegation will make that happen.

same as me. Used to love watching other leagues etc. Now I don't even watch other Premier League matches. Feels like a chore watching villa.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's been awful watching Villa for the last 5 years. There were probably about three months when I wasn't embarrassed telling people who I support, at the end of Lambert's first season when we looked actually quite exciting. The rest of the time, every time I meet someone new and they ask me who I support, it's always followed by 'oh, I'm so sorry' or some variation like I've received a terminal diagnosis. 

I'm **** bored of it. Relegation will probably be shit, but there's a small chance it won't be. It'll be exactly what Randy deserves, which is nice. We'll go into matches feeling like we at least have a chance every weekend, which will be so pleasurably different. Every single week in the Premier League I expect us to lose, and I'm very, very rarely surprised by the result. 

On balance, I'd still rather we stayed up, but given no club has ever survived before after posting 4 points from 10 games, I think relegation is a racing certainty and I refuse to hyperventilate about it like it's 'the end of the club' or any other nonsense. 

• Like 1

Even with a change of manager we are going down now. This squad of players simply aren't good enough to keep us in the Premier League. We've been lucky to stay up the last few seasons and that was with Benteke, Delph, and Vlaar. 

• Like 1

really hard to follow a team in the championship from abroad.  I'll still do it because I'm clearly a masochist.  But it's very difficult to learn anything, impossible to see a match.  Those who hate my comments can be in favor of our relegation because I won't post much here when I can't watch the matches.  Maybe that's villa's strategy.  They're going down just to get me off VT !!!!  Bastards!

We'll still be on TV a lot, look at the amount of games Leeds get put on. The year Newcastle went they were on every other week plus if you're the main game on the Channel 5 show you can pick that up on the net.

It would be very wierd though, the wall to wall coverage you get for premier league clubs would end so it would be a bit more out of sight out of mind, 2 minute highlights etc (think back to when ITV had prem highlights).

Honestly I think I've reached the point where I kind of want to get relegated. The last 5 years have made me start to hate this club and hate football. I no longer watch MOTD or champions league football, I'll rarely be bothered about watching other live games or follow what's happening. 

I want to get back to enjoying the sport and supporting this club. Part of me thinks relegation will make that happen.

same as me. Used to love watching other leagues etc. Now I don't even watch other Premier League matches. Feels like a chore watching villa.

I get where you're coming from...normally I'd find Chelsea's demise hilarious, I'm still enjoying it but not a huge much as we're still doing comfortably worse than them and very soon will be the worst team in this league which we deserve to be based on the season so far.

• Like 1

Yes same here. I know most people think about the loss of revenue if we get relegated but I was there last time we went down, and it was a lot of fun in the then 2nd division travelling to different grounds, winning more matches. Who needs the Premier League, its boring for clubs like Villa now.

Yes same here. I know most people think about the loss of revenue if we get relegated but I was there last time we went down, and it was a lot of fun in the then 2nd division travelling to different grounds, winning more matches. Who needs the Premier League, its boring for clubs like Villa now.

Ultimately the club should be competiting with the best, the history dictates that. When I was growing up in the 90s we were competiting if falling short in the league but still considered a top team, again same in the MON era.

So while yes winning games regularly would be a nice change from the wretched last few years, we wouldn't be doing it against the best teams or players or competiting at the highest level Aston Villa can realistically be at which has been our home for nearly 30 years now.

The only hope is we might at least get a winning mentality going in our squad again which is non-existant currently. It worked for about 18 months for Newcastle when they came back up.

No doubt some of the better players will leave and we will have to build a new team again though you would hope we would be enough of a pull to attract the better players from that division surely?

I reckon Traore, Amavi, Veretout & Gil would be off personally, Nzog will run out of contract anyway (thank the Lord)

If we could keep Grealish (Purely hoping as he's a villa man he may stay for a year to try to get us back up) , Clark, Gestede as a second striker, no doubt Gabby will stay and I can see Lescott staying too. We would get Baker back & with a bit more experience too hopefully which may not be a bad thing. I can't see any other Premier League club coming in for many of our players in all honesty, Maybe Richards possibly Westwood but even that's in the balance.

With a new keeper, a new striker and a few Championship ready replacements I think we'd have a strong chance with the right manager at the helm....That's the bit which concerns me though as our board don't have the best track record in managers do they?!...... Crikey i'm almost more excited thinking about a year in the Championship as I am this season how sad is that!!

Only problem is can we rely on the good players to stay? And can the rest get us promoted? 

When West Ham went down they just hoovered up a few of the better players down there on loan or signed them...players like Vaz Te and Nicky Maynard were two of the best championship strikers at the time, West Ham signed them mid season.

It would be a lot of loans and short term fixes down there.

• Like 1

There's still plenty of time, and we actually have a half decent squad.

We just need a manager who can get them organised and cut out the stupid mistakes.

I suspect any new manager will move Micah Richards to right back immediately, assuming we have other centre-backs fit. 

There's still plenty of time, and we actually have a half decent squad.

We just need a manager who can get them organised and cut out the stupid mistakes.

I suspect any new manager will move Micah Richards to right back immediately, assuming we have other centre-backs fit. 

A squad which contains starters such as Agbonlahor, Richardson, Lescott, Gestede and Bacuna. We don't 

Edited by Arj Guy

I don't think our squad is that great either.

Last season yes when Benteke, D*lph and Vlaar all got fit for the run in yes we looked decent as they were top level experienced players and match winners.

I don't see it this season, not enough goals upfront, Grealish having to do most of the creative stuff when he's still young and learning the game and whatever midfield we put out just can't dominate games.

At the back we have players of pedigree, internationals but whatever unit we put out dosen't look like keeping clean sheets.

I'm sure we'll see some improvement under a new manager but not holding my breath as we don't have a regular goalscorer in the squad.

Â