Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Lets put it this way. Sherwood managing West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, would put them down the same level as us, an I don't believe we have not had 100% out of these players, with Sherwood here.

These players on form an managed correctly, wil not be a million miles from these teams. Remember, West Ham were not that great under Allerdyce.

As much as I hate to say it because I despise them so much, West Ham have bought well and significantly improved their squad. Payet and Lanzini are in a completely different league to anybody we own. 

Lets put it this way. Sherwood managing West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, would put them down the same level as us, an I don't believe we have not had 100% out of these players, with Sherwood here.

These players on form an managed correctly, wil not be a million miles from these teams. Remember, West Ham were not that great under Allerdyce.

As much as I hate to say it because I despise them so much, West Ham have bought well and significantly improved their squad. Payet and Lanzini are in a completely different league to anybody we own. 

Payet is class. What did they pay for him do you know?

They came 11th last season. As pathetic as it is finishing 11th would be a fantastic season for us.

As I said, Sherwood could get that team in the bottom 3 quite easily, an I very much doubt Leicester would be the team they are with Sherwood at the helm. See what im getting at? 

We need to give our players a chance, we know f*** all about them, apart from they are being managed, an I believe coached very poorly.

They came 11th last season. As pathetic as it is finishing 11th would be a fantastic season for us.

As I said, Sherwood could get that team in the bottom 3 quite easily, an I very much doubt Leicester would be the team they are with Sherwood at the helm. See what im getting at? 

We need to give our players a chance, we know f*** all about them, apart from they are being managed, an I believe coached very poorly.

Sherwood managed Spurs and they finished 6th. If he managed West Ham I seriously doubt they'd be in the bottom 3. Not sticking up for him, I want him gone as much as the next guy. As for are players. We know the majority of the players who were here last season aren't good enough. Our new players have shown nothing to suggest they are any better than the shite who have played for us over the years. They aren't just going to suddenly turn into good players as soon a Sherwood gets the sack

Edited by Arj Guy

Payet is class. What did they pay for him do you know?

The figure I've seen quoted is around £11m. Yeah, he's an brilliant player, great purchase by them. Every week I want to put him in my Fantasy team, every week I have something else to do, every week he scores and I curse myself. He's good to watch too. 

We have a tough run of games now in which regardless of who is manager I would expect by the end of we will be around 8 points from safety. However from the Newcastle away game onwards we have this run – Newcastle (A), West Ham (H), Norwich (A), Sunderland (A), Palace (H), Leicester (H) WBA (A), West Ham (A), Norwich (H). If we are to stay up this season we will need to be taking 15-17 points from that run.

As said previously I am not throwing in the towel. The challenge to stay up at the start of the season was to get to around 38 – 40 points. Regardless of how far we are now behind others that points target hasn't changed. We are just about a quarter of the way through the season so there is plenty of time to get them points. I believe we have the squad to do it and it is a squad that the longer the season goes on the better I expect them to get and that was always the case. The manager of course is the big issue but we are now at the crossroads with Sherwood and he either starts getting results from this Saturday or he will be sacked so one way or another that issue will soon take care of itself.

• Like 1

We have a tough run of games now in which regardless of who is manager I would expect by the end of we will be around 8 points from safety. However from the Newcastle away game onwards we have this run – Newcastle (A), West Ham (H), Norwich (A), Sunderland (A), Palace (H), Leicester (H) WBA (A), West Ham (A), Norwich (H). If we are to stay up this season we will need to be taking 15-17 points from that run.

As said previously I am not throwing in the towel. The challenge to stay up at the start of the season was to get to around 38 – 40 points. Regardless of how far we are now behind others that points target hasn't changed. We are just about a quarter of the way through the season so there is plenty of time to get them points. I believe we have the squad to do it and it is a squad that the longer the season goes on the better I expect them to get and that was always the case. The manager of course is the big issue but we are now at the crossroads with Sherwood and he either starts getting results from this Saturday or he will be sacked so one way or another that issue will soon take care of itself.

If we were playing better football, with our manager looking like he knows what he is doing, I would say that your proposed points return would be achievable. But, the way we are right now, I wouldn't back us to win any of those bar Norwich at home. I actually think the current trending performance from Villa would see us take a maximum of 9 points from the above fixtures.

I totally agree with you though, we are going to need a return of those proportions if we are to have any chance of staying up this season.

Luckily there are plenty of games to sort out this bad start. I think we have the players to do it if we can play with a consistent side. A win on Saturday and we'll be in touching distance of several clubs, including Swansea. I still think Sherwood deserves some time personally as he kept us up and took us to the final when we looked absolutely doomed. It's going to take time with a new side but we are seeing glimpses of what the individual players are capable of - they just have to improve as a team.  

Luckily there are plenty of games to sort out this bad start. I think we have the players to do it if we can play with a consistent side. A win on Saturday and we'll be in touching distance of several clubs, including Swansea. I still think Sherwood deserves some time personally as he kept us up and took us to the final when we looked absolutely doomed. It's going to take time with a new side but we are seeing glimpses of what the individual players are capable of - they just have to improve as a team.  

What glimpses? Sherwood has already said that he is going to continue to chop and change the side and system until we win a game so we won't be getting a consistent side anytime soon. How many points will we be cut adrift by when Sherwood doesn't deserve anymore time?

Three things

Kept us up - By the skin of our teeth and our avoiding relegation ultimately dependent upon other results

Got us to a cup final - by winning two games

We will get better the longer the season goes on - the longer the season goes on the more desperate we will be for points meaning that we play a different game and potentially not to the strengths of the team we have (a la Gil last season where Sherwood has said he couldnt play him due to the position we were in). In addition I'd say the more we are in a relegation fight you have to ask are these players up for it? That's not a slight on any of them just saying it's hardly a squad of players who are used to relegation dog fight in the premier league so we are asking them to learn the league, their team mates and the relegation bit at the same time.  All that is a recipe for disaster and will make the "we'll get better the longer we go on" argument look really silly the longer we do actually go on.  More of a hope than a reasoned opinion.

I agree Richard one of my main worries is will all these new players be up for a relegation scrap

Will they really be bothered if we go down they are effectively here on loan anyway with players like gueye who was already talking about moving to a bigger club before he even got here

They will have no issues finding a club when we go down i think quite a few will be interested the vultures will be circling

Edited by AshVilla

Will they really be bothered if we go down they are effectively here on loan anyway with players like gueye who was already talking about moving to a bigger club before he even got here

The French speaking contingent did great for Newcastle in their relegation scrap.......................

And the French World Cup Squad when asked to train a  bit harder

mustering up the false hope of not having to see this piece of dung topic rekindled every year is tiresome in and of itself. 

I miss the days of going into match day expecting to win and equating a draw to failure.

Oh mercy...

Â