Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I completely disagree. Mid-table is achievable with that team at the very least. 

with players such as Hutton, Guzan and Clark in it? No chance. Ayew and Veretout have shown nothing so far aswell. It's also a very lightweight team. 15th at best.

I completely disagree. Mid-table is achievable with that team at the very least. 

with players such as Hutton, Guzan and Clark in it? No chance. Ayew and Veretout have shown nothing so far aswell. It's also a very lightweight team. 15th at best.

disagree - first TS hasn't got the bottle to pick it it's also very very light weight . We are in TROUBLE 

The main issue with our team, is that we don't have enough goals in us throughout the team. And this is the same issue we have had ever since MON left. 

We don't have midfield runners who get beyond the striker. We very rarely have anyone in the box in open play other than the striker(s), which means invariably there are 4 defenders against usually 1 or sometimes 2 strikers, for the odd occasion when the ball is crossed in. The only midfielder we have in our squad who actually wants to get in the box and score goals is Gary Gardner. Every other midfielder is a water carrier sadly, although some of them are quite good at it.

If you look at our creative players - Grealish. Gil, Adama - none of these are going to drive forward into the box and score goals regularly, we would be lucky if they score 10 goals between them.

We don't even get goals from different areas of the team because our set piece delivery is incredibly poor, and has been since MON left.

Previously this lack of goals from elsewhere in the team was made up for by Benteke - but now we don't have that solution. Lambert tried to combat this with the 4-3-3 with Gabby and Weimann, and that worked for a while before the lack of width exposed us. Christ, Andi Weimann at least gave us running into the box, without Sinclair in the team, we don't get that from anyone.

Our defence isn't even that bad, its just full of stupid mistakes, which could/should be cut out quite easily. Our problem is getting players into the box to score goals - if we don't start doing that, we are going down.

Have you seen the teams achieving midtable +. West Brom are midtable, West ham as well as Leicester are up there, where's the class players in those teams. Watford are doing ok, any quality names in that team you care to share with me.

We are a swansea, unfortunately not managed like them.

Have you seen the teams achieving midtable +. West Brom are midtable, West ham as well as Leicester are up there, where's the class players in those teams. Watford are doing ok, any quality names in that team you care to share with me.

I think you're greatly overrating our players here. All of West Ham and Swansea's first XI's would walk into our team, and most of Leicester and Watford's as well. 

• Like 1

I think we're done this year.

In previous years, I've seen enough to think "it's coming" or "we're due a result soon", but now, i see us as pushovers. Teams want to play us and Villa Park is not a fortress. We cannot counter attack like we could a couple of years ago where we were better away than at home.

We lose fight when we concede and we don't have many players who can score goals out of nothing.

There just isn't enough for us to compete and i think the same about Bournemouth - no one will worry about playing us and that gives opponents belief and confidence.

West brom will probably finish 14th at best. West Ham's squad is far superior to ours. Lets not be delusional. Is Payet not a class player? Really don't understand where this myth that we have a good team comes from. Watford will finish in the bottom 5. Swansea team is far better than ours. Montero, Ayew, Williams and Sigurdsson just to name a few. Honestly wtf makes you think we have players of that quality? In what way are we on par with the likes of Swansea and West Ham? Ridiculous 

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

West brom will probably finish 14th at best. West Ham's squad is far superior to ours. Lets not be delusional. Is Payet not a class player? Really don't understand where this myth that we have a good team comes from. Watford will finish in the bottom 5. Swansea team is far better than ours. Montero, Ayew, Williams and Sigurdsson just to name a few. Honestly wtf makes you think we have players of that quality? In what way are we on par with the likes of Swansea and West Ham? Ridiculous 

You have a very negative view of our players. Gil, Grealish, Amavi, Sinclair, Traore, Richards, Clark, Gueye on form would get in Swansea's squad.

An the likes of West Ham aren't far superior at all. Like we can't even compete against the mighty West Ham, gimme a break will ya!

• Like 1

IMO, there is no way that this team should be getting relegated. 

29yji1f.jpg

2 man midfield of which neither of whom have proved they are good enough to play week in week out in the prem, we'd be outplayed pretty much every week, the stoke midfield pair of adam and whelan managed to outplay them with westwood thrown in too

it wouldnt work, traore dropped for another CM

You have a very negative view of our players. Gil, Grealish, Amavi, Sinclair, Traore, Richards, Clark, Gueye on form would get in Swansea's squad.

An the likes of West Ham aren't far superior at all. Like we can't even compete against the mighty West Ham, gimme a break will ya!

If have a negative view of our players because they aren't very good. We are 19th for a reason and it isn't entirely down to Sherwood. We are consistently outclassed by teams like Stoke and Swansea in our own backyard. Very few of our players would get into West Ham's team. It's sad but true. Same with Swansea. Clark, Gueye and Sinclair wouldn't get into Swansea's team. Traore has had one or two good cameos dor us. So now he's better than Montero and Ayew? Of course he isn't. Sigurdsson is better than both Gil and Grealish.

Edited by Arj Guy

Very few of our players would get into West Ham's team. It's sad but true. Same with Swansea. Clark, Gueyw and Sinclair wouldn't get into Swansea's team. Traore has had one or two good cameos dor us. So now he's better than Montero and Ayew? Of course he isn't. Sigurdsson is better than both Gil and Grealish.

Sinclair wouldn't get into Swansea's team. Now that is funny! [emoji2]

Some people on here rate our players extremely highly and I have no idea why. We CANNOT compete with the likes of Swansea and West Ham. Look at the table now. Look at the table for the past few seasons. Most of Swansea's players, Stoke's players, West Ham's players would easily walk into our side. Our players have shown absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

I used to think we had decent players but when your players consistently fail to perform at this level (5 years) I think it's time to start realising they are not as good as we think. These players are also being managed by guys who consistently show they aren't good enough to work at this level. And the whole club is being run by an owner who has played a significant part in allowing the likes of palace, Stoke, west ham, Swansea and Leicester to currently be a million miles away from us. The whole things a disaster, realistically we're an utter shambles of a club and have been for far too long.

• Like 3

Very few of our players would get into West Ham's team. It's sad but true. Same with Swansea. Clark, Gueyw and Sinclair wouldn't get into Swansea's team. Traore has had one or two good cameos dor us. So now he's better than Montero and Ayew? Of course he isn't. Sigurdsson is better than both Gil and Grealish.

Sinclair wouldn't get into Swansea's team. Now that is funny! [emoji2]

Why? Sinclair has got worse. Swansea have got better 

• Like 1

Lets put it this way. Sherwood managing West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, would put them down the same level as us, an I don't believe we have not had 100% out of these players, with Sherwood here.

These players on form an managed correctly, wil not be a million miles from these teams. Remember, West Ham were not that great under Allerdyce.

Lets put it this way. Sherwood managing West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, would put them down the same level as us, an I don't believe we have not had 100% out of these players, with Sherwood here.

These players on form an managed correctly, wil not be a million miles from these teams. Remember, West Ham were not that great under Allerdyce.

They came 11th last season. As pathetic as it is finishing 11th would be a fantastic season for us.

Â