Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Hard to say but I think a lot of them would stay for one season in the championship and would then leave if we failed to come up straight away. See Norwich. 

Don't give a shit about most of our players so if they leave **** them. The only big losses would be Grealish, Gil and maybe Richards and Amavi. I couldn't give a toss about any of the rest leaving.

Hard to say but I think a lot of them would stay for one season in the championship and would then leave if we failed to come up straight away. See Norwich. 

Don't give a shit about most of our players so if they leave **** them. The only big losses would be Grealish, Gil and maybe Richards and Amavi. I couldn't give a toss about any of the rest leaving.

Yes, that's how I see it too. Anyone marketable and genuinely exciting leaves, the rest give you one year to make it back before they rethink things (and move to become bench fodder at Prem clubs). 

My predictions:

STAY: Guzan, Bunn, Steer, Okore, Clark, Bacuna, Lescott, Richardson, Hutton, Crespo, Suliman, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Gardner, Gabby, Kozak, Gestede. 

GO: Ilori, Richards, Senderos, Amavi, Gueye, Sinclair, Veretout, Sanchez, Gil, N'Zogbia, Grealish, Ayew, Traore

Those 'stays' are probably a reasonable Championship side, although there's a desperate lack of midfielders. 

Lots of doom and gloom and totally writing us off in this thread which is totally understandable although I don't in anyway get close to writing us off.

I'm confident in saying that Bournemouth, Watford, Sunderland, Norwich will not finish on any more than 40 points and that West Brom and Newcastle will have very similar totals. To be safe our task at the start of the season was to finish on around 38 - 40 points. That hasn't changed regardless of how far we are behind some of the teams mentioned.

I'd be interested to know from those who have totally written us off does that prediction take into account a change in manager? Say if Moyes was to walk through the door in the next couple of weeks would we still be doomed?

One things for certain in all this and that is either results will improve or the manager will be sacked.  Therefore for me given I believe we have a squad that has enough with in it to stay up, and the possibility of a few quid being available to improve it in January, then either this manager will get the best out of them soon or he won't and will be shown the door and I believe there are managers out there who we can attract who will get the best out of the players and get the required results to see us safe.

Edited by markavfc40

My prediction is that we will continue to be shit. Our incompetent board will keep Sherwood on until we are 8-12 points off safety and by the time a new manager comes through the door (probably not Moyes as that would be far too sensible appointment) it will be too late. We will be relegated before the last home game of the season. Hopefully no one turns up for that game so all the players see is empty seats during their lap of shame. They will carry on with their careers knowing that they were part of the first Villa team to be relegated from the pl. Not that it will bother them much anyway 

Lots of doom and gloom and totally writing us off in this thread which is totally understandable although I don't in anyway get close to writing us off.

I'm confident in saying that Bournemouth, Watford, Sunderland, Norwich will not finish on any more than 40 points and that West Brom and Newcastle will have very similar totals. To be safe our task at the start of the season was to finish on around 38 - 40 points. That hasn't changed regardless of how far we are behind some of the teams mentioned.

I'd be interested to know from those who have totally written us off does that prediction take into account a change in manager? Say if Moyes was to walk through the door in the next couple of weeks would we still be doomed?

One things for certain in all this and that is either results will improve or the manager will be sacked.  Therefore for me given I believe we have a squad that has enough with in it to stay up, and the possibility of a few quid being available to improve it in January, then either this manager will get the best out of them soon or he won't and will be shown the door and I believe there are managers out there who we can attract who will get the best out of the players and get the required results to see us safe.

January is too far away to matter, I expect us to be more than ten points away from safety by then, and the club might take the view, especially if they've spent a lot of money sacking Sherwood and appointing a replacement, that big player purchases are just going to damage the balance sheet for next season. I'm pretty sure that was exactly the attitude they had in Jan '13 when all we did was bring in Sylla. 

As for appointing a new manager, my gut instinct is that it won't be enough, that the team just isn't good enough and that the lack of a genuine Premier-quality striker will mean we don't win enough matches. However, if a new man comes in and we start racking up points, of course that prediction is open to revision. 

Better than us at the moment yes, but we are at the lowest of the low, whereas they have had a pretty decent start to the season, probably playing at their very best. Surely we can only get better with a new manager?

Yes, that's how I see it too. Anyone marketable and genuinely exciting leaves, the rest give you one year to make it back before they rethink things (and move to become bench fodder at Prem clubs). 

My predictions:

STAY: Guzan, Bunn, Steer, Okore, Clark, Bacuna, Lescott, Richardson, Hutton, Crespo, Suliman, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Gardner, Gabby, Kozak, Gestede. 

GO: Ilori, Richards, Senderos, Amavi, Gueye, Sinclair, Veretout, Sanchez, Gil, N'Zogbia, Grealish, Ayew, Traore

Those 'stays' are probably a reasonable Championship side, although there's a desperate lack of midfielders. 

If you go down you need to wipe the slate complete clean. Look at Wolves they kept the same chancers and went down again

My predictions:

If you go down you need to wipe the slate complete clean. Look at Wolves they kept the same chancers and went down again

We can do plenty of example and counter-example. Newcastle went down, kept almost all of the same players, and came straight back up. There's no magic formula, you have to take it on a case-by-case basis. Some of the players I named as 'STAY' have good experience in the Championship - Bennett has been there for a few seasons, Baker will have spent a year there, Steer is there on loan now, no point throwing that experience away. Maybe we could try to get rid of one or two of the higher earners I've named - Hutton's probably on too-much-per-week for the Championship for one - but you can only sell them if you have a buyer. 

We will get a maximum of 6 points from the next 6 games. We will be bottom of the table after those games. 

My prediction is that Sherwood will go any time between now and then and will be replaced with a relatively cheap option. I just hope that the likes of Pearson and Holloway have full time jobs by then. 

I think if the worst happens, Amavi, Gana, Sanchez, Richards will be gone for dust for bargain prices. I would really hope we can keep our young core with potential like grealish, Gil, Okore Traore and Ayew but I think I reality these players would leave too.

Â