Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Well, he's right, at least in terms of getting the next ten points. If Zatman thinks we're still the only results that matter when we're level, then he's obviously wrong, but no amount of other losses matter until we've gained at least ten more points. 

I made the point that other results hadn't gone our way this weekend.  Which they hadn't.  People decided to point out that 'the only way' we get ourselves out of this is on our own.  Which is patently bullshit because we need help aswell.  Then in a protracted discussion they subsequently agree that we need other teams to drop points aswell, which is all that was being said in the first place.  They just felt the need to say what everyone alread knows, which is that Villa need to win too.  Well duh.  But the opening sentence is no less true.  Basically a totally avoidable, tiring and typically VT discussion.

• Like 4

In reality, a miracle is a minuscule bit nearer than a couple of games ago, no more.

How is it nearer? I'm not being arsey, its a genuine question as I might be missing something but the 4 points we picked up haven't got us closer to safety have they?

No. I was just thinking, at least we have picked up a few points and the forwards/midfield seem to have grasped the idea of heading towards the opposition's goal.

Only minuscule as I said - but a few weeks ago we probably wouldn't even have got those points from Palace and Leicester.

I think as BOF said earlier, to get out of this we need the most remarkable comeback in the history of the premier league and there's certainly no sign that anything like that is remotely possible from this shower.

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

I made the point that other results hadn't gone our way this weekend.  Which they hadn't.  People decided to point out that 'the only way' we get ourselves out of this is on our own.  Which is patently bullshit because we need help aswell.  Then in a protracted discussion they subsequently agree that we need other teams to drop points aswell, which is all that was being said in the first place.  They just felt the need to say what everyone alread knows, which is that Villa need to win too.  Well duh.  But the opening sentence is no less true.  Basically a totally avoidable, tiring and typically VT discussion.

Okay, fair enough. Sounds like you're having fun with it anyway :P

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

yippee swansea vs villa is on sky, we might be relegated by then! 

Do you think Leicester's will be able to maintain their title challenge until the end of the season?

4 hours ago, YLN said:

Do you think Leicester's will be able to maintain their title challenge until the end of the season?

I don't think they will even make the top four. They lack squad depth, have had a lot of luck and teams appear to have started to figure them out and the traditional top teams will find another gear. They will probably drop down to sixth like Villa did in 98/99.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Pretty clear to me we ain't coming back up any time soon 

We haven't even been relegated yet.

Sorry, but until we're mathematically relegated, it's absurd to say 'we won't be coming back up any time soon'

When we're relegated, THEN after the off-season, is the time to be making statements like that.

Well any hope of the players (that we want to stay) staying is very low especially now fox has said that every contract signed in the last 2 years has had a relegation wage cut clause in it it would be another serious rebuild and by the looks of it our academy will take center stage hmmmm if thats the case could be a long LONG time before we see ourselves in the premier league again.

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not a statement, it's his prediction. And based on what's taken place and what we're hearing from the people in charge, it doesn't sound like a crazy one. 

Statement/prediction, difference in semantics.

Regardless of our situation, January of a season when we're still in the PL isn;'t the time to be making statements like that. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Statement/prediction, difference in semantics.

Regardless of our situation, January of a season when we're still in the PL isn;'t the time to be making statements like that. 

Bottom of the league, massive points gap to safety and the board coming out with some pretty negative statements, seems a pretty reasonable time to make a prediction on the future of the club. He thinks we will go down, so do 99% of people who follow the sport.  He thinks we will struggle to come back up, I can't see how that's a crazy statement. History suggests that if we don't come back first time we will find it difficult. So again it seems reasonable that if you think we will be relegated and you think we'll struggle to come up, that you'll believe we will be down there for a good while.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, powell91 said:

Well any hope of the players (that we want to stay) staying is very low especially now fox has said that every contract signed in the last 2 years has had a relegation wage cut clause in it it would be another serious rebuild and by the looks of it our academy will take center stage hmmmm if thats the case could be a long LONG time before we see ourselves in the premier league again.

If they have relegation wage cut clauses in them (that would mean wages in line with what we could sustain in the championship), couldn't we just refuse to sell them? Some of them might actually feel liable and want to help us get back up since they were a part of the failure. (Maybe wishful thinking but other clubs have done it in the past).

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If they have relegation wage cut clauses in them (that would mean wages in line with what we could sustain in the championship), couldn't we just refuse to sell them? Some of them might actually feel liable and want to help us get back up since they were a part of the failure. (Maybe wishful thinking but other clubs have done it in the past).

I suppose it all depends on the what kind of values the player holds unfortunately I see very little loyalty in football today so I won't hold my breath. 

I suppose it all depends on the what kind of values the player holds unfortunately I see very little loyalty in football today so I won't hold my breath. 

It'll go one of two ways, either we'll be stuck with the shite like Sinclair or he'll be the one to slap in a transfer request the day after we go down

Players who have underperformed all season, cruised towards relegation whilst being paid handsomely, moaning like **** when we go down, will be some fun and games on here

1/20 to go down and 15/2 to stay up on Paddy Power if anybody brave enough to bet on us. Bookies rarely wrong in these situations

What odds could you have got on Leicester last year, Sunderland the year before and West Brom in 2005? Bookies only operate on a snapshot. They've been wrong many times.

Â