Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We need to stop worrying about other teams' results. What will be will be. If we win 8 more matches, we might have a chance, 9 more we will have a good chance. It looks impossible to me, but that's all we need to worry about now. 

Been saying the same for a while.

All we need to worry about, if we've got any chance, is getting points on the board.
Other teams will win games we don't expect and lose games we don't expect.
If Sunderland win 10 in a row, somebody else will take their place.

At the end of the season the points needed will always be around the same.
If we get ourselves over the 30 point mark with a couple of games to go, then we'll be in the fight regardless of who else is there.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah Sunderland are generally incredibly lucky. The type of team to have 2 shots all game and score 2, even though only 1 was on target cos the other took a massive deflection. 

60% of their wins this season have been against 10 men, which were later receded.  Big Sam isnt doing a this magical job, he is getting extremely lucky.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

What I would give for Defoe right about now.. Someone I have always wanted us to sign.

Exactly the right kind of striker we need now - runs behind defences, strikes the ball well and is an instinctive finisher. People criticised Guzan for the goal at his near post but it was such an awesome strike from Defoe. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Exactly the right kind of striker we need now - runs behind defences, strikes the ball well and is an instinctive finisher. People criticised Guzan for the goal at his near post but it was such an awesome strike from Defoe. 

Agree, always loved Defoe, what we could've done with him when MON was here.....

Agree, always loved Defoe, what we could've done with him when MON was here.....

To be fair the same could be said for Bent with regards to the MON era.

before Tuesday I was 100% sure we'd be relegated.  After Tuesday a little  bit of hope came back,  I was on,ly 97% sure.  Now today I am  100% sure again. We are down. You cn forget any hope of staying up .

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

before Tuesday I was 100% sure we'd be relegated.  After Tuesday a little  bit of hope came back,  I was on,ly 97% sure.  Now today I am  100% sure again. We are down. You cn forget any hope of staying up .

Based on? Did Ayew get injured or something?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I'm guessing their won't be much money in the kitty. No surprise really with that imbecile Lerner 

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Based on? Did Ayew get injured or something?

I'd say he realised that we only managed to get our first home win of the season because Wayne hennessey threw one into his own net. Otherwise we'd still be waiting.

I Would say he has just Probably witnessed the most cringeworthy interview from an Aston Villa Chairman in living history. 

"We will have continues improvement without investment" Yadder yadder!

Edited by Kingman

Leicester are dangerous on the counter. For that I might play 5 at the back.

Although weve done good against Palace who are the same. They have Mahrez who ripped us before.

Hopefully we could have something from the game. If we won this, we are back to the race.

Come on Villa. I think there will be a good roar from the fans which would help the lads a lot.

• Like 1

Â