Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Sunderland have an awful squad. We should not be below them. Big Sam has done a good job considering what he has to work with. They are alot harder to beat than we are generally. He would have kept villa up no doubt about it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KSV said:

Sunderland have an awful squad. We should not be below them. Big Sam has done a good job considering what he has to work with. They are alot harder to beat than we are generally. He would have kept villa up no doubt about it.

Have they ? I think there is little in it and they at least have 2 forwards who can score in Defoe and Fletcher.I think M'Villa is a decent CM as well.

I think both squads are suffering from years of fighting the drop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Have they ? I think there is little in it and they at least have 2 forwards who can score in Defoe and Fletcher.I think M'Villa is a decent CM as well.

I think both squads are suffering from years of fighting the drop.

dont get me wrong ill gladly snap up a few of their players.. but not many.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think that is all well and good John......but it's like organising a purchasing budget and you haven't even got a job.

there are fundamental playing problems that need addressing before we get in to the business of even looking at points.

Just to highlight one......we seem oblivious to defending the far post. It's so fundamental it's too ridiculous for words.......I see it week in week out.

Agreed but we do need to look at getting points at the same time as we try to address the playing problems/culture issues that have led to us being 10 points away from what would be a realistic chance of ending the season where we did last year.          

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I think that is all well and good John......but it's like organising a purchasing budget and you haven't even got a job.

there are fundamental playing problems that need addressing before we get in to the business of even looking at points.

Just to highlight one......we seem oblivious to defending the far post. It's so fundamental it's too ridiculous for words.......I see it week in week out.

We cant keep the ball from a throw in

the defence and midfield look panic-stricken when Guzan gets a backpass

12 hours ago, supernova26 said:

They weren't up to much but ran around a lot and for the most part defended ok. Can't see us beating them on Saturday...a less crap version of us. 

yeah but teams usually do that at home to bigger teams and they are in the shit as not doing similar effort against the teams on their level

*usually I mean teams that arent Villa*

Amazingly, another round of fixtures is upon us and I have again convinced myself that we can get out of this mess.

All we need is one win and there is nothing between us and Sunderland. Even though we've wasted the last 3 games, we still have a decent run of games ahead of us, where its entirely possible we could get some points, but it needs to start with a win on Saturday. Our rivals also have some tricky fixtures in the next 2-3 rounds, so even if we can get back to within 6 points of safety by end of Jan or early Feb, then who knows.

Saturday is yet another must win, as if we fall 7 points behind Sunderland, you just can't see us making that up aswell.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

Getting that first win is the problem. Norwich on Saturday was our big chance.

All of this.

Not sure I can bare to look on Sat, might just wait until full time look up the results at full-time through squinted eyes.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Amazingly, another round of fixtures is upon us and I have again convinced myself that we can get out of this mess.

All we need is one win and there is nothing between us and Sunderland. Even though we've wasted the last 3 games, we still have a decent run of games ahead of us, where its entirely possible we could get some points, but it needs to start with a win on Saturday. Our rivals also have some tricky fixtures in the next 2-3 rounds, so even if we can get back to within 6 points of safety by end of Jan or early Feb, then who knows.

Saturday is yet another must win, as if we fall 7 points behind Sunderland, you just can't see us making that up aswell.

Don't, just don't.  I can't take any more optimism. Let it go man !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Another excellent chart for Randy Lerner to hang above his shitter at home.

Stop blaming randy Lerner. 

Poor owner yes.

An owner that has performed so badly that he warrants a team with a pathetic 8 points after half a season - certainly not.

• Like 1

Â