Adama Traore

mwj

ESPN claim the fee is 10 million euro which is odd as i'm sure he had a 6 million euro release clause?

Aston Villa are poised to sign highly rated Barcelona youngster Adama Traore, sources have told ESPN FC.

ESPN FC reported last week that Villa were readying a bid for Traore, 19, and were hopeful of beating Liverpool and Stoke City to his signature.

Villa have now agreed a fee of €10 million with Barca and the player is set to fly into England to undergo a medical ahead of a move to Villa Park.

The winger is expected to sign a three-year deal with Villa to become Tim Sherwood's 10th signing of the summer.

The Spain under-19 international has come through the ranks at Barcelona's famed La Masia academy but has been unable to establish himself, making just four appearances for the club, and he was given permission to talk to any interested clubs.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/2558098/adama-traore-to-join-aston-villa-from-barcelona-sources

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I don't know if he is joining us, I don't know any more than I previously posted which in summary was...

We were interested, for certain.

We did meet with him.

He wouldn't be going go to Stoke.

Beyond that I don't know any more, i'm not one to take punts and go beyond what I know I'm afraid.

I certainly hope its the case though.

But then according to Stevo985 I make it all up anyway so none of the above may be true :)

• Like 3

ESPN claim the fee is 10 million euro which is odd as i'm sure he had a 6 million euro release clause?

Aston Villa are poised to sign highly rated Barcelona youngster Adama Traore, sources have told ESPN FC.

ESPN FC reported last week that Villa were readying a bid for Traore, 19, and were hopeful of beating Liverpool and Stoke City to his signature.

Villa have now agreed a fee of €10 million with Barca and the player is set to fly into England to undergo a medical ahead of a move to Villa Park.

The winger is expected to sign a three-year deal with Villa to become Tim Sherwood's 10th signing of the summer.

The Spain under-19 international has come through the ranks at Barcelona's famed La Masia academy but has been unable to establish himself, making just four appearances for the club, and he was given permission to talk to any interested clubs.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/2558098/adama-traore-to-join-aston-villa-from-barcelona-sources

He did...but then Tim heard we weren't happy with our net spend

If this happens I'm guessing Barcelona have some manner of agreement with Aston Villa regarding a future deal involving the lad if they see fit, it'd make sense on their part. An exciting signing for us that's for sure. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the so called Liverpool interest is just paper talk or that Barcelona feel he'll benefit more in our squad with frequent appearances, however you look at it, the Premier League is a great place to have a player develop. Cracking young signing if true. 

But then according to Stevo985 I make it all up anyway so none of the above may be true :)

I don't know if you do or don't. 

It just amuses me that people seemingly won't believe anything until you confirm it either way :D

Don't play FM, don't watch Spanish football so never heard of him. 

ITSABH applies....if we get him I'll judge his ability/success or failure next season because he'd be a teenager moving to a brand new country. 

The killer Q will be how big is Barca's buy back clause? 

• Like 1

You know what, I've never seen this lad play before, and he must be good to have played for Barcelona's academy, but one thing we've not had down at Villa Park since Young is a player who is willing to run at players. I miss seeing Young skin defenders down the wing and then whip in a decent cross. Hopefully this lad can bring that.

Young to Carew used to work quite well.

Hopefully it will be Adama to Gestede now... 

• Like 2

Â