Adama Traore

mwj

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Quite pleased in a perverse sort of way. Gutted for the lad but delighted that he's out of the spotlight.

He wasn't going to single handedly keep us up-We are down regardless.

If this helps keep him here next season then great. I relish the prospect of watching him play a bigger role, throughout a full season-He could play a big part in getting us back up at the first attempt.

As far as this season is concerned, I wish it would end tomorrow-Along with the employment of Fox & Rielley.

I doubt he will be here next season

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yep, the way they play and what he did against them I think he be a dead certainty to be looked at by Palace

I doubt they or any other club right now would splash 10 million and wages on Traore.

We really shouldn't be selling him in the summer. He'll be worth a lot more next year regardless of what league he's playing in.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The concern is that his wage package might be prohibitive for a Championship club. That said, I hope we don't have to sell him. 

Long term yes. As I've said elsewhere, I think if the club take the approach that we can get back up in one season then we can stomach the wages for one year.

I don't think as many people will leave as some seem to think

• Like 2

Just now, Spray said:

In the Championship on £75k a week, can't see it happening.

Firstly, I don't think the 75k a week has ever been confirmed.

Secondly, see above.

We'll make a lot more money by stomaching the 75k a week, playing Adama for a season in a league where he's going to look like a 16 year old playing in an under 9's match and selling him next summer than we will by getting him off the wage bill for a fraction of what we paid for him just for the sake of it.

• Like 2

On the whole, I agree with you - I think the squad next season will look fairly similar to the squad this season. I just don't know if Traore will be one of them - he's supposedly one of the clubs highest earners, and one of the few players I can imagine other teams being interested in. However, this is absolutely just guesswork. 

I think other clubs will definitely be interested. But I don't think any of them will be willing to pay what we paid for him, which in turn is much less than he COULD be worth once he's fully adapted to English football/developed as a player

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Firstly, I don't think the 75k a week has ever been confirmed.

Secondly, see above.

We'll make a lot more money by stomaching the 75k a week, playing Adama for a season in a league where he's going to look like a 16 year old playing in an under 9's match and selling him next summer than we will by getting him off the wage bill for a fraction of what we paid for him just for the sake of it.

It's widely reported though. Are any players wages confirmed?

His agent will be looking for a move for him and to be fair he'll probably get a better offer than staying with us, might not be for as much money a week but it will be a fairly decent club.

I also don't agree, we'll easily get back £7m.

13 minutes ago, Spray said:

It's widely reported though. Are any players wages confirmed?

His agent will be looking for a move for him and to be fair he'll probably get a better offer than staying with us, might not be for as much money a week but it will be a fairly decent club.

I also don't agree, we'll easily get back £7m.

Maybe, I'm not so sure.

He's hardly played for us remember. And when he has he hasn't been amazing (despite the excitement). He has looked better recently but he's also had injuries. Which are probably not an issue, but other clubs might be wary of that.

Clubs will be willing to pay a lot more for a youngster from Barcelona than an injury prone player who's just been relegated with one of the worst Premier League teams ever.

I'm not convinced we'd get back what we paid. And even if we did, I still think that's much less than what we COULD get for him if we keep him for a year or two and he tears up the championship.

As for the wages, I don't thin kit was widely reported. I think it was reported once, and quickly refuted by Tom Fox. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I agree.  If our strategy (such as it is) is to buy potential on 5 year contracts, develop and sell on, it is surely even beyond Villa's stupidity to sell one of the brightest talents for a loss after 1 season, whatever the wages.

I agree he hasn't been amazing but £7m for another prem club or similar sized one in France or Spain is peanuts. I would prefer him to stay but I don't think it's going to happen.

Tom Fox talks a load shite, Mr Barton got it spot on by calling him a muppet and I don't even like Joey.

Just now, Spray said:

I agree he hasn't been amazing but £7m for another prem club or similar sized one in France or Spain is peanuts. I would prefer him to stay but I don't think it's going to happen.

Tom Fox talks a load shite, Mr Barton got it spot on by calling him a muppet and I don't even like Joey.

I don't understand people who believe an unsubstantiated newspaper report but then ignore the CEO's direct quotes on the issue.

Kind of a biased view don't you think?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I agree.  If our strategy (such as it is) is to buy potential on 5 year contracts, develop and sell on, it is surely even beyond Villa's stupidity to sell one of the brightest talents for a loss after 1 season, whatever the wages.

This is the club that gave Bacuna a 5 year contract this year for scoring 5 less last season than the previous one. Do they even know what strategy means.

4 minutes ago, Spray said:

Regardless of my feelings for the board, I wish Barton would **** off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand people who believe an unsubstantiated newspaper report but then ignore the CEO's direct quotes on the issue.

Kind of a biased view don't you think?

Newspaper reports? I'm pretty sure regarding my muppet comment. that was his interview (TF) waffling on about how our shirt sales are up.

Â