Pre-Match thread

roonst83

In Ibiza for this one going to be screaming my villa babies on from linekers in San an its a lucky omen guys last time I were here I watched villa v wolves under houlierr and we won Emile heskey header in 93rd min were going to do em its in the stars UTV

If Villa lose this game I think they will be in a relegation battle this season, I really do.  - Paul Merson.

He also thinks if we win or draw we'll be in a relegation battle........good thing he knows **** all.

I don't think a loss will mean a shit season, but maybe the manner in which we lose may show alot about this squad pretty early on.

In Ibiza for this one going to be screaming my villa babies on from linekers in San an its a lucky omen guys last time I were here I watched villa v wolves under houlierr and we won Emile heskey header in 93rd min were going to do em its in the stars UTV

Away with the Mrs so I'll be trying to find somewhere to watch it Ayia Napa, not many bars with English games on with so many Ruskies about on the West coast (Go to Paphos or Protaras) I'll find somewhere eventually. I think 2-0, Gabby and Gueye to get the goals, I have a good feeling about this lads

I think we will go 2 - 0 down before recovering to 2-6 up, then a lucky 4 goals in the last 5 minutes. with some comedy defending, will see points shared in a 6-6 draw,

Splash some cash on it ;)

Horrific feeling about this one - we haven't replaced Vlaar nor found an adequate signing to cover Benteke (certainly not the Blackburn striker or an unknown prospect from the French league). We've arguably bolstered the midfield albeit they'll take time to settle. Never gone into a season with this much uncertainty, that's for sure.

I had a dream last night that we won 5-1.. We were 5-0 up until the 93rd minute when Richards not happy with the clean sheet slipped over giving some Bournemouth player a free pass through on goal.. It was a good game, Gueye had two assists and Gestede scored a hattrick with Ayew and Veretout claiming the others.. Ayew's goal was self created, he weaved through three players, looked to shoot but played a genius dummy to open up space before rocketing a shot into the bottom corner just amazing.. 

PS. The 3 minutes of injury time where we conceded was thanks to a Baker head injury in the 63rd minute. Just typical.. 

Edited by Daweii

I think we will go 2 - 0 down before recovering to 2-6 up, then a lucky 4 goals in the last 5 minutes. with some comedy defending,  will see points shared in a 6-6 draw,

Sums up how I feel about how our season is going to go.  Looking forward to it :D  I'm just glad I've no hair to pull out.  Finger nails at the ready ...

I think we will go 2 - 0 down before recovering to 2-6 up, then a lucky 4 goals in the last 5 minutes. with some comedy defending,  will see points shared in a 6-6 draw,

Sums up how I feel about how our season is going to go.  Looking forward to it :D  I'm just glad I've no hair to pull out.  Finger nails at the ready ...

mind the scalp with them nails.

I think we will go with:

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Gueye Westwood Veretout

Gabby Gestede Sinclair

If Gabby isn't fit then Ayew and if Gestede isn't considered to be up to speed then Kozak.

I'm predicting 3-1 to us.

Edited by markavfc40

Horrific feeling about this one - we haven't replaced Vlaar nor found an adequate signing to cover Benteke (certainly not the Blackburn striker or an unknown prospect from the French league). We've arguably bolstered the midfield albeit they'll take time to settle. Never gone into a season with this much uncertainty, that's for sure.

Jeez, take more tablets!!!!

I'm scared that if we lose we'll lose heavily, 3-0 or something like that. I'm getting more and more nervous as the game draws closer.

But hopefully we'll win and if we don't it's not the end. I mean we won at Stoke last year and the Emirates the year before on the opening day and we know how that went.

I think we'll go with a 4-4-2 for tomorrow:

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Bacuna Westwood Gueye Sinclair

Gabby Kozak

I think the game has come around too early for Veretout/Gestede to start.

Looks a bit weak but Sherwood may opt for it if players aren't up to speed and we will therefore get stronger in the coming weeks.