Pre-Match thread

roonst83

No chance Kozak will start. This is going to be a fast paced affair and won't suit him at all. Sinclair should get the nod up front after his hat trick.

Sinclair will play wide won't he?

Main striker will be Gestede or Kozak.

Ayew nailed on to start the other side.

Sorry Gabby......

Now: Football is back  :D  :D  :D

December: We need to kick on and get this season over with!  :wacko:

May: I've had enough. **** this. Why is this so shit  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

August 2016: Football is back!!!!! 

Yes, this is so true ! 

:(

Supporting Aston Villa is like Groundhog Day.

(except that rather than just one day it´s a whole football season... "It´s Groundhog Season !")

• Like 1

I'm also unsure that Veretout will start considering he has only a cameo pre-season appearance to his name.

Don't get me wrong, he's a definite starter down the line, but I think it'll take a few weeks for him to get up to speed and cement his place.

Really excited for this now

Would go

---------------------Bunn-----------------------

Bacuna-----Richards-----Clark----Amavi

-------------Gueye-------Westy---------------

-------------------Veretout----------------------

----------------------------------Sinclair--------

-----------Gestede--------Kozak--------------

(Assuming Jack isn't match fit)

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4911948,00.html

Tim Sherwood has given his latest fitness update ahead of Saturday's trip to Bournemouth.

The meeting with the Cherries may come too soon for Carles Gil and Jack Grealish - who have seen their training schedules interrupted by troublesome injures. Gil picked up a knock in last week's friendly at Swindon while Grealish's solitary pre-season outing came at Tamworth last Wednesday after a hamstring injury. Meanwhile, defender Jores Okore is still recovering from knee surgery. Although keen to acknowledge there are still two days of training before the big kick-off, Sherwood was more upbeat on his returning international players.

He said: "Carles and Jack are still out injured - they haven't been able to do enough training so it's a disappointment."

"Okore is still injured with his knee which he had operated on at the end of last season."

"I don't like to give too many updates as it can always come back and hit you in the face!"

American stopper Brad Guzan and Colombian Carlos Sanchez have both had busy summers representing their countries in the Gold Cup and Copa America respectively. The duo are now back at Bodymoor Heath as the squad prepare for Saturday's Barclays Premier League opener.

The manager added: "Carlos doesn't need a rest as I gave him a month off."

"I recognise that he'd been round the clock a couple of times at the World Cup and had other international commitments."

"I've given him four weeks off after his last games which has been a good enough break for him."

"He's come back and he's going to need more training to blend himself into the squad."

"Brad's is a different situation, He's only had a week off and he only wanted a week off. He hasn't lost too much fitness and he'll get back into the swing of things as quickly as possible."

"We have a squad with a better balance than we had last season."

Sooo...first MUST WIN game of the season. :o

I expect at least 2-2, could be more, and would probably be happy with a point, but at the very least to see us going for it and generating some excitement.  Ideally coupled with not being shite at the back.

Losing both this and Utd would put us back into a dark place (relegation thread 5.0 etc) so we need to start positively.

For me:

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi 

Gueye Westwood Veretout

Ayew Gestede Sinclair

• Like 4

I really think it's 50/50 if Guzan will start. 

Might see a front three of Sinclair-Kozak-Agbonlahor.

I think Ayew and Gestede will be used as subs. Probably don't want to just throw them into the fire. I also wonder if Veretout will be starting.

I have a sneaking suspicion will be start with a 4-4-2 much like the last match we played. 

I'd go with

............guzan

Hutton.richards.clark.amavi

.......gueye.westwood

Bacuna.....ayew.......sinclair

............gestede

Subs: Bunn, baker, Veretout, kozak, Sanchez, Robinson, cole

Don't know what to expect really. I believe we have the capacity to create goal scoring chances but need someone to convert them.

Hoping for a clean sheet!

---------------------Guzan---------------------

--Hutton--Richards©--Clark---Amavi--

------Gueye---Westwood---Veretout-----

Subs: Bunn, Baker, Richardson, Bacuna

Pretty much picks itself if Sanchez, Crespo, Senderos and Okore are all out of contention.

The rest could be absolutely anything but my hunch is he'll start gabby somewhere and Sinclair should start after his hat-trick the other night

Personally would be surprised to see Veretout start, particularly away from home. I think the line up will probably be as follows:

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Westwood Bacuna Gueye

Sinclair Gestede Ayew