Pre-Match thread

roonst83

I just realised Bournemouth have made 9 signings aswell. Do they need time to gel or is it just ours?

They'll stick with the nucleus of the side that got them promoted so its a bit different than us

I just realised Bournemouth have made 9 signings aswell. Do they need time to gel or is it just ours?

Nope, it is notoriously the hardest game in world football to play a promoted side on the first game of the season, everyone knows that. Their new signings give them life and build upon an already successful team, where as ours replace better players that have moved on from a sinking ship, not to mention that they will be far more motivated to get a result to prove themselves.

Or, maybe not.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newly-promoted-teams-opening-day-6150030

I can't quote it properly from my phone, soz

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

I think this is the first time in my life i thought to myself, that we could either loose a game 3-0 or win 5-0 and i wouldn't be at all surprised at either  :)

If that makes sense lol

This. they've also released 9 players. I think this game could swing either way, but I'm banking on an exciting draw. 2-2 or 3-3.

Let's get this season started with!

3-0 loss I think!

I'm going for...

Guzan

Bacuna - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Westwood - Gueye

Ayew             Veretout         Sinclair

Kozak

Though I'd prefer Gestede to play but I think Kozak will get the nod.... 

Edited by PieFacE

I can see Veretout initially being introduced from the bench.

Me too. He looked very unsure of himself last week. He might need to be guided in slowly but expertly like a stiff cock to a inexperienced yet willing young woman.
  • Like 3

I can see Veretout initially being introduced from the bench.

Me too. He looked very unsure of himself last week. He might need to be guided in slowly but expertly like a stiff cock to a inexperienced yet willing young woman.

interesting choice of analogy.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Veretout and Gestede don't start. We need our first choice players to gel, they're not going to do that by not playing together.

100% agree.  Bacuna only plays if its rb. I wouldn't have him in midfield. Too limited. 

Guzman

Hutton

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Westwood

Gueye

Veretout

Sinclair

Ayew

Gestede

442 diamond and go the **** for it

Thats the side I would go for. bournmouth will know about Gestede from last season so we need the likes of sinclair to step up

I dont think Veretout will start this