Pre-Match thread

roonst83

'Twas the night before football, and all through the house

Not a fan base was gloating, not even the scouse.

The shirts have been hung in the dressing room with care

In the hope that the title would soon be theirs.

The players are nustled all snug in their beds

While facials from Sherwood land right on their heads.

Let the alcohol flow tomorrow lads, the good* times are back!

* I promise no such good times.

A big cheers to that. Quality post.

I had a dream last night that we won 5-1.. We were 5-0 up until the 93rd minute when Richards not happy with the clean sheet slipped over giving some Bournemouth player a free pass through on goal.. It was a good game, Gueye had two assists and Gestede scored a hattrick with Ayew and Veretout claiming the others.. Ayew's goal was self created, he weaved through three players, looked to shoot but played a genius dummy to open up space before rocketing a shot into the bottom corner just amazing.. 

PS. The 3 minutes of injury time where we conceded was thanks to a Baker head injury in the 63rd minute. Just typical.. 

That's a bizarrely specific dream.  Perhaps you could share the details of other, um, dreams with us?

• Like 1

The funny thing is the pressure now seems to be on Bournemouth. Not that many that think that we are going to do anything.

Most pundits predicting that they will take the three points and people talking about how difficult it is to face a newly promoted team in their first Premier League game.

In Ibiza for this one going to be screaming my villa babies on from linekers in San an its a lucky omen guys last time I were here I watched villa v wolves under houlierr and we won Emile heskey header in 93rd min were going to do em its in the stars UTV

Away with the Mrs so I'll be trying to find somewhere to watch it Ayia Napa, not many bars with English games on with so many Ruskies about on the West coast (Go to Paphos or Protaras) I'll find somewhere eventually. I think 2-0, Gabby and Gueye to get the goals, I have a good feeling about this lads

Went to Protaras last year, I'm sure you can get a bus from Napa, all the 3pms on in pretty much every bar (I caught the Arsenal home game)

The funny thing is the pressure now seems to be on Bournemouth. Not that many that think that we are going to do anything.

Most pundits predicting that they will take the three points and people talking about how difficult it is to face a newly promoted team in their first Premier League game.

Theres never really any pressure on a newly promoted side. Theyre just happy to be there

Edited by gharperr

Don't understand why this sudden change to 4-4-2 has come about.

Bar those two poor defeats right at the end, to me we put some of our most convincing midfield performances in recent years playing the 4-3-2-1 so I just hope this is a temporary change from Tim while new signings get up to speed.

In any case I reckon we'll go 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Main issues for me is Verttout thrown in to start and will be be Kozak or Gestede leading the line.

Think we'll see a few changes from the starting 11 tomorrow for the Man. United game whatever the result.

Guzman

Crespo Micah Clark amavi

Westwood

Veratout gueye

Ayew. Sinclair

Gestede

Can't see it being any different then this .which IMO is a better team then how we finished last year, and at least should give us an exiting game tomorrow ( omg tomorrow !!! )

Guzman

Crispo Okora Clarke Amarvi

Geyue Verout

Ayo Gill Agbonlahor

Gestade

seriously though, REALLY looking forward to this now. No nerves, just excitement. Whatever the result I'm still positive that this is a new era. Come on Villa.

• Like 1