Rudy Gestede

midian

Needs two wingers and a runner to try and get behind him for flick ons and a midfielder whos close enough to pick up on the lose balls. He wins a lot of headers but has no help when he does . Grealish was miles away from him yesterday , may as well have been in the stand .

It can't be that hard to learn how to put in decent cross. How come none of our wide players can do it?

Even Traore's cross for Gil's wonder goal yesterday was was off beam.

If we don't have players who can cross the ball, there really is no point in having Gestede in the squad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We need better crosses, not even Benteke could score from these. Really wish Amavi wasn't injured, he was the only one who knew how to cross.

I'm not so sure.

I mean we do need better crosses. But Gestede has missed a handful of golden chances over the past few weeks that I'm sure Benteke would have absolutely buried had he been in the same position.

• Like 1

Not goon enough for the PL. Never has been, never will be. Doesn't matter if we put the ball into the box or not he simply isn't good enough. The fact that he scored over 20 league goals last season just shows how poor the Championship is

Watching West Ham/Liverpool highlights and thats what Garde should be studying. West Ham play decent football until the box and nearly always aimed balls to Carroll when got near the box and caused all sorts of chaos for Liverpool

The problem is, after amavi we don't have many players who cross and get the ball into the box. 

Adama and Gestede have only played around 100 mins of football together. 

Surely a striker who thrives from crosses should be played with a winger who crosses the ball. Surely worth a try. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

The problem is, after amavi we don't have many players who cross and get the ball into the box. 

Surely a striker who thrives from crosses should be played with a winger who crosses the ball. Surely worth a try. 

Far too logical a suggestion for this club. 

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree but I think we have other players that could deliver half decent crosses like Veretout, Bacuna or Gil but we rarely try it

Thing is if you can't cross and you know you can't cross then the striker has to move to where he anticipates the ball to be, we hit the first man on 9/10 corners and yet still don't have someone intelligent enough to run across the front post

Agree with the other comments, he's missed plenty of headers this season, he doesn't always time his jump very well, the arsenal chance straight away comes to mind, great cross, actually made a good run, jumped too early, 6 yards out free header and didn't make contact with the ball... And most the time he seems to be stood still waiting for that world class cross, usually from Alan Hutton, that every man and his dog knows isn't coming

Traore can't cross, as soon as he gets wide it should be gestede running front post for anything low and hard, ayew coming in off the wing for anything long and then an attacking midfielder darting in to the box for anything that drops

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Rocket Science I tell ya!

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 06:48, nick76 said:

We dont play to his strengths.  As soon as we whip a ball in the box, he looks a real threat....we just dont whip in many balls from the corners, it's all from deep.  It's the same point we said to Liverpool fans about Benteke and them not playing a system that suits him.....and that's now coming to fruition.  We can't take our own advice.  We buy a striker that is good with wingers and then we play down the middle with little width....friggin obvious isnt it

He is shit. Utterly, utterly, utterly shit. I have seen trees move more.  A tree would probably score more in deflections alone tbf.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

said it in the match thread he is very one dimensional and good at that one dimension but the fact we never ever play to his strengths is a deeper issue. Its like the time we signed Bent and then sold Young and Downing

Â